Valiant Solutions is seeking an ISSO to join our growing team supporting a large Government client. This position is located in Washington, DC and allows for a 60% - 80% telecommute benefit.
Valiant Solutions is a Cybersecurity company delivering cutting-edge security solutions to our Government clients specializing in Cloud Security, Security Engineering, and Federal GRC. This is your chance to work with a wide range of Security technologies supporting one of our security operations teams. This candidate will provide technical expertise on Security controls implementation and development of Information Security procedures for systems and applications. You will be part of a team working to establish an Information Security framework and helping develop a comprehensive IT Security program at the agency level.
This position is located in Washington, DC and allows for telecommuting 60% - 80% of the time. Salary will be based on qualifications and education. All candidates must have US work authorization with the ability to pass Federal background and credit checks.
Serves as the IT security POC (ISSO) for assigned systems to ensure agency information systems comply with FISMA OMB and agency Policies.
Ensure security activities are implemented throughout the SDLC from beginning to end.
Ensure all systems are operated, maintained and disposed of IAW documented security policies and procedures including but not limited to Assessment & Authorization (A&A).
Oversee and manage relationships for assigned systems that may be contractor owned and contractor operated, ensuring vendors comply with agency security and privacy requirements.
Support the development and maintenance of all security documentation such as the System Security Plan, Privacy Impact Assessment, Configuration Management Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test Report, POA&M, annual FISMA assessment, and incident reports,.
Promote Information Security Awareness and provide training.
Research assigned IT security systems to provide insight on IT security architectures and IT security recommendations for assigned systems.
Report, and respond to security incidents.
Assess vulnerabilities to ascertain if additional safeguards are needed and ensure systems are patched and security hardened at all levels of the “stack,” and monitor to see that vulnerabilities are re-mediated as appropriate.
• Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA, or equivalent Security certification.
• Have detailed knowledge of NIST Policies, Governance, Security Planning and Architecture, FISMA Compliance, RMF, Incident Analysis, and General Security Best Practices.
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills to support customers, internal stakeholders, peers, and public audiences.
• Ability to communicate, both written and orally, to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Good understanding of and experience with applying FISMA and NIST Cybersecurity framework and requirements.
• Technical expertise with Nessus Tenable Security and HP Fortify Webinspect reports.
• Experience in developing Information Security policies and procedures.
• Strong communications skills to interact with senior managers, junior staff, and business unit (non-technical) customers.
Required Experience and Education:
• Two years of technical experience in IT Security.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or additional two years of industry experience.
This job description could change at any time, without notice.
About Valiant Solutions:
Valiant Solutions is a security focused IT solutions provider with both public and private sector clients nationwide. As named one of the fastest growing privately held companies by Inc5000 and Best Places to Work in the DC area by WBJ, Valiant Solutions provides its employees with great benefits and opportunities for advancement. At the same time, we understand that our employees need the right balance between professional growth and personal life. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the mission they support and are committed to the customers they serve. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment as part of a stellar team of professionals, then we invite you to apply online today.
Benefits Snapshot (includes, but not limited to):
· 99% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage for FTE
· 100% Short Term Disability and Life Insurance Policy for FTE
· 100% Paid Certifications
· 401K Matching up to 4%
· Paid Time On – 40 hours to pursue innovation
· Public Transit and Reimbursement for Parking
· FSA programs for: Medical Costs, Dependent care, Transit, and Parking
· Referral Bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Valiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and also be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Must be able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
· Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express one self, and exchange information visually and verbally.
· Must be able to occasionally bend and lift files and papers up to 10 pounds throughout the office space for events and meetings.
· Individual's primary workstation is located in an office area
· The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Valiant Solutions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Valiant Solutions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.