Hostess Brands, is seeking a Senior IT Business Analyst – Bakery Automation in our Kansas City, MO Headquarter location. The Senior IT Business Analyst – Bakery Automation will focus on day-to-day activities on continued evaluation, support, and enhancement of bakery automation processes. Specifically, the integration between business execution of production in our bakery environment, via handhelds, mobile devices and desktop applications with in-house developed software and SAP Production Planning packaged software, Repetitive Manufacturing configuration.
Key knowledge components to be considered for the position: custom software development, SDLC, SAP PP/MM/IM, fast moving consumer goods industry, bakery operations, handheld, and mobile applications, centralized and decentralized process integrations, Case / Pallet Labeling, including 2D barcoding.
The ideal candidate will have Bachelor of Science/Master of Science Computer Science or related field, in addition to 4-6+ years of IT Solution Design plus 1-5+ years of experience with Mobile solutions. One with experience with solutioning in ERP, Custom Software, Handheld devices, Mobile application, interfacing /integration, Labeling and Bar Coding applications are a required need. Those individuals experienced with SAP PP/MM/IM, Gentran Integration Suit, Custom software development, 2D Bar coding are a plus.
Key Functions and Accountabilities: (Not an all-inclusive list)
- Support Hostess Production Planning Execution Input process: Enhancements, Projects and Level 2 & 3 support
- Support Production Scanning RFC process – Level 2 & 3 support
- Support Production planning Performance reporting
- Prepare RICEFW Functional design documents
- Perform SAP system configuration related to Production planning.
- Joint design sessions with development teams on requirements and design
- Prepare & Execute Unit (Component) and Integration testing scripts & Rollout
- Support Label and UPC interface processes
- Support Bill of Material interface processes
- Support Hostess Scan Manager application (In-House developed application)
- Monitor / Support Label Database across plant network
- Support future hand held upgrades: requirements, POC & testing.
- Prepare & Update User Guides and Documentation
- Be prepared to travel to bakeries to Provide Implementation support and User training:
à 25% to 75% of time, depending on project activities and workload.
- Functional Business Process support – SAP Production Planning, Labels, Production Scanning Integration
- Back up for Senior IT Business Analyst – Supply Chain Automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Four or more years of experience IT Solution Design required
- One or more years of experience with Mobile solutions required
- Experience required with solutioning in ERP, Custom Software, Handheld devices, Mobile application, interfacing /integration, Labeling and Bar Coding applications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience IT Solution Design preferred
- Five or more years of experience with Mobile solutions preferred
- Experience with SAP PP/MM/IM, Gentran Integration Suit, Custom software development, 2D Bar coding are a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and technical solution design/modeling skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Career experience in consumer goods required, sweet baked goods industry preferred.
- Demonstrated success in a combined onshore/offshore multi-vendor outsourced environment
- Team oriented player with sound communication skills as well as excellent people skills
- Good Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Internal Working Relationships / Contacts:
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain
External Working Relationships / Contacts:
- Infrastructure /Technology providers
- IT Contractors /Outsourcing providers
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.