Senior IT Systems Analyst - Houston
Marathon Oil is seeking a Senior IT Systems Analyst to directly support the IT related needs of the Operations, Reliability and HES&S organizations. The successful candidate will have experience in performing application support activities in the context of both project and support efforts. This role uses consulting skills, business knowledge, and application solution expertise to effectively support our business clients.
Demonstrated Experience with the following:
The Applications Specialist facilitates the implementation and support of a number of applications to enhance the clients business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- The applicant should have 5+ years experience in supporting a combination of the following applications:
- SAP Management of Change
- SAP Plant Maintenance
- Visions Integrity Management System
- DNV GL Synergi Life Event Management
- Business Objects Universe Configuration
- Performs technical changes, upgrades, patch management and other support for the applications to ensure continued reliable and secure operation
- Liaises with clients, application vendors and other IT teams for troubleshooting: investigates, analyzes, and solves software problems; maps client business requirements, processes and objectives; develops necessary product modifications to satisfy clients' needs
- Partners with clients to define and prioritize business requirements including issues submitted by the users through ticketing and service requests.
- Analyzes the current business processes and scenarios of the client and recommends/develops solutions to meet the clients needs Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved procedures. Provides detailed knowledge of industry best practices
- Knowledge of standard project management principl0se (PMI and PMBOK)
- Working knowledge of database backend, ANSI SQL, query and reporting
- Integration experience would be desirable for Integration initiaives
- Understanding of IT controls and audit concerns, project methodology and structured testing practices.
- Experience of leveraging a Change Management system to progress technical resolutions into our production environment.
- Knowledge of middleware technologies, Informatica, SAP PI, FTP, etc.
- Oil & Gas Industry experience
- Experience supporting applications in a managed desktop environment
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
Education Required: Bachelor s Degree
Location: Houston, TX
Travel Required: As needed (<10%)