We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more.
As a Senior IT Developer of BI & Analytics at Athene, you will work on challenging problems in the data and analytics space. Special focus will be on technology around a scalable architecture whereby we are developing a platform that allows Athene to answer questions quickly through powerful data and analytics infrastructure. This position is a challenging and rewarding role for someone with a keen data and analytics technology background.
- Help define the Data Platform architecture roadmap.
- Leverage business, analytic, architecture and data management knowledge for problem solving.
- Mentor team members of all levels on application design and development.
- Understand how the data interacts with the application code.
- Use industry standards and/or best practices to complete data mapping and detailed data flows.
- Be accountable for integrity and quality of data, ensuring the information meets customer needs.
- Become a key contributor in Athene's Data and Analytics modernization strategy driving towards powerful and predictive insights.
- Design and build last mile ETL pipelines in both batch and streaming use cases.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of database development with strong experience coding SQL.
- 2+ years of Big Data/NoSQL unstructured data experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing/building distributed systems.
- 2+ years of experience with modern BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Looker, etc.).
- 2+ years of hands-on coding in languages such as Python or R.
- Strong experience integrating and preparing large, varied data-sets, architecting databases and designing information management solutions.
- Background in Insurance and/or Annuities, with a deep understanding of multiple facets of the annuity business (Administration, Product Development, Modeling, Valuation.) is highly preferred.
- Experience with iterative and/or Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Docker containers, Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Streamsets or Apache Nifi, Dremio or Denodo data virtualization.
- Experience with 3rd party clout platforms, such as AWS, Google or Azure preferred.
NOTE: Successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment background check.
Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn more about working at Athene.
Athene is a Military Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans.
Athene celebrates diversity, is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.