Nims & Associates has an exciting opportunity for a San Francisco Bay Area based seasoned, senior level professional to work with our existing medium and small business clients (primarily in the SF Bay Area) and new opportunities. A good candidate should have 10+ years of IT consulting experience and have a strong Microsoft background, extensive experience with Office365, Azure, and / or Amazon Web services and Cisco, Juniper and other security systems. As a consultant you will be responsible for architecting, recommending and executing successful IT frameworks and fostering strong client relationships. The position calls for strong project management skills, seasoned client management and communication skills, and demonstrated knowledge of enterprise-wide IT implementations.
The rewards of joining Nims & Associates are great in both practical and personal terms. You will be joining a solid company with over 30 years of history and stability. The average tenure of a Nims associate is over ten years.
Founded in 1985, Nims & Associates is a full-service information technology firm serving clients in fifteen states, 30+ associates and over 1,000 clients, many with national operations. As consultants, we sell no computer hardware. Our job is to make our clients IT and ERP systems run better, and we must win their business with every interaction.
Our clients have between 5 and 500 employees. They want an IT partner that will treat them with respect. They want the job done right, on time and on budget, by someone they trust. That's us. That's Nims & Associates. If you take pride and personal responsibility for your work, we want to know you.
Nims & Associates is unique in that we offer comprehensive support tailored to the needs of small and medium business. We do this by assigning a support team custom tailored to each client's IT strengths and weaknesses. As a team member, the client develops a relationship with you and contacts you directly. You have to remember that computers and software are less important than the people and businesses that use them.
After 30 years in business, two things haven't changed -
— We specialize in working with small and medium businesses that have between 1 and 500 employees.
— We provide the best IT support services in the business. Our growth has come almost exclusively from client referrals.
Responsibilities include —
- Work with clients to determine need and recommend IT solutions to meet business objectives
- Prepare detailed hardware and labor estimates, timelines and budgets for projects
- Communicate value-add and benefits of IT projects
- Hands-on implementation of hardware, software and user support
- Execution of project plans within time and budget constraints
- Integration of IT solutions into client business processes
- Reactive user hardware and support as needed
- Assist in the development of new IT initiatives to meet business requirements
- Foster and grow client relationships through product adoption and revenue growth
- Provide additional operational support to clients as needed and identify business development opportunities and assist with new product implementation
Benefits include —
- Long-term, stable organization
- Flexible work hours / assignments
- Work from home office
- Three weeks PTO (employees)
- Full Medical / Dental plan (employees)
- 401k Participation (employees)
- Bonuses based on performance / billings (employees)
- At least ten years' equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible in a consultative position, architecting and implementing networks, applications, servers, virtualization and storage.
- Very strong written and verbal english skills
- Strong experience understanding and implementing cloud solutions vs on premise solutions.
- Strong experience managing and implementing Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- Strong experience implementing and administering Microsoft's Active Directory (On-Premise, Office 365, Azure) managing Group Policy, Exchange, DHCP, DNS, ADFS, and Terminal Services.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS and Azure).
- Strong understanding of wired and wireless networking principles.
- Strong experience managing and implementing storage and backup infrastructure.
- Must be willing to participate in On Call rotation schedule.
- Must be willing to work in an MSP environment,
- Understanding of ITIL and best practices related to IT Operations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; sense of urgency and drive.
- Team player: must be able to communicate with and coach other team members, present to non-technical audience including customers.
- Solution-oriented, constructive approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and navigate highly complex technical environments.
- Must be able to travel to client sites in the SF Bay Area as needed and nationally occasionally.
Nims are a Microsoft and AWS partner, and looking to expand. A successful candidate will be certified on one or more of the following —
- Microsoft Azure Administration
- O365 Administration
- AWS Administration
Any of the following certifications would be a plus —
- Palo Alto