Senior VMware Engineer with Scripting, Virtualization and SAN Experience
CoStar Group, Inc.is the #1 commercial real estate technology company. It has revenues of over a billion dollars and market capitalization over 12 billion dollars. Its leading brands includes Costar, LoopNet, Apartments.com, LandsofAmerica and BizBuySell. CoStar Group, Inc placed #15 in the Forbes World's Most Innovative Growth Companies list for 2017.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be primarily involved in managing and improving the core server, SAN, and virtualization infrastructure supporting our large Development, Test and Production environments.
- Works with a dynamic group of 20 local and 10+ International talented Systems and Network Engineers to deliver rapid solutions supporting a world-wide IT infrastructure
- The team is responsible for managing 6500+ servers (internal and customer facing), 7PB of storage, and all network infrastructure.
- Automate maintenance and project tasks through the use of scripting
- Streamline the server and storage provisioning process
- Implement new storage and blade server technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science or a Related Field.
- One or more related certifications such as VMware VCAP, EMC EMCISA, MCSE, MCITP, Cisco DCUCS
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Center environment
- Experience supporting leading edge hardware technology such as Pure, HP 3Par, EMC VNX, EMC DataDomain, Compellent, Cisco UCS Blades, HP Blades, F5 Load balancers
- Experience in large-scale virtualization environments using technologies such as VMware VCAC with VSphere, Microsoft Azure with Hyper-V, OpenStack
- Experience automating IT administration and server provisioning through tools such as Microsoft Systems Center, PowerShell, PowerCLI Chef, or Puppet
- Act as the point person for critical issues that affect the server and storage infrastructure
- Manage the VMware infrastructure that supports approximately 6500 virtual machines across a distributed development, Test and Production environment.
- Heavy hands on experience with VMware and VCenter in maintaining the complete VMware lifecycle including patching, troubleshooting, upgrades and migrations.
- Should have a strong Storage Area Network (SAN) skill set and be familiar with SAN fundamentals including performance troubleshooting.
- Familiar with Cisco UCS, HP Blade Systems and Virtual Connect, 10-gigabit Ethernet networking, 32GB fiber channel concepts.
- Strong Layer 2 switching knowledge as it pertains to interconnecting SAN, VMware and blades
- Strong event correlation and root cause analysis skills. You must be able to look at numerous events and data points and formulate an accurate root cause analysis
- Fundamental Active Directory concepts relating to the management and support of 1000+ servers
- Strong Windows Server troubleshooting and automation as it relates to the rapid deployment of new virtual machines. Includes understanding of Sysprep, Powershell and Group Policy.
- Strong performance troubleshooting skills including analysis of Perfmon or Microsoft PAL reports
Normal working hours are standard Monday through Friday business hours. However, this position also requires participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation and off hour's maintenance windows
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing