Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC. Westat is seeking a highly motivated Senior IT Project Manager to lead the requirements, design, specification, development, and deployment of applications and systems to support social and scientific research projects for federal agencies. You will join a technical community of developers and engineers providing intuitive, responsive interviewing and self-reporting systems to collect and analyze high quality data using various technologies and modern software development approaches. You will work with domain experts, program managers, methodologists, statisticians, and IT professionals to formulate and implement IT solutions that reflect an understanding of business issues, as well as IT strategies, problems, and priorities. Daily your strong communication and collaboration skills will be used with the internal IT team and clients.
• Partner with domain staff and specialists to determine and manage the IT needs of a diverse portfolio of research projects focusing on field-based interviewer data collection using state of the art systems and sampling techniques.
• Keep up to date on current and emerging technologies, with emphasis on field-based studies, and best IT practices.
• Develop technical application systems designs and approaches for proposals and projects.
• Supervise IT professionals who are well-versed in various proprietary and open-source software such as web technologies, bio-specimen collections, mapping and GIS, study and operations management, and data collection modes using high-end survey software such as Blaise, CSPro, Voxco and UNICOM.
• Work effectively with a diverse staff specializing in the management of survey field operations, data management, questionnaire design, testing, security, mobile applications, interviewer training, device configuration and logistics, and deployment to a dispersed workforce.
• Assist with writing and budgeting for IT activities associated with projects, tasks, and proposals.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience, including a strong track record of managing IT teams.
• Experience with 508 compliance and FISMA security standards.
• Experience with and knowledge in the design and management of social and scientific research projects, including familiarity with survey methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience with project management reporting, project documentation (requirements, specifications, design documents), and proposals.
• Demonstrated experience with case management systems, advanced survey software and computer assisted survey administration with various platforms and administration methods.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.