Dexter Technologies Inc. is a leading provider of Staffing and Recruiting Services with over 20 years’ experience. We are actively seeking qualified candidates for the following position for our client, who is a global industry leader:
Senior Cloud SecDevOps Engineer
Rate: Best in the industry
Location Parsippany, NJ/New York, NY, San Jose, CA
A global industrial company with more than 15,000 employees in over
80 countries. Through R&D, innovation, supply chain enhancement and social impact efforts our mission is to build a better world by leading a more modern, conscious approach to industrialism.
Our engineering team is a curious and talented group of data engineers and software engineers
who work together to enable new data-driven products.
What part will you play?
- This exciting role as a Cloud SecDevOps Engineer, will report to the Vice President of Engineering and work closely with the digital team
- With the NIST Cybersecurity Framework backdrop, you will help design, deploy and mature our cybersecurity policies, practices and KPIs for our emerging Zero Trust Architecture and Secure Access Service Edge technologies.
- You will be the subject matter expert on cloud networking and security leveraging “Infrastructure as Code” and policies rules. Own quality, release management, and performance metrics for new and existing terraform modules and templates.
- Key player in “Infrastructure as Code” initiative and adoption across its operating companies.
What will you be doing?
- Be an advocate for fusing security into DevOps processes working with our various DevOps teams on application, data, and network security
- Day to Day Cloud Operations Activities:
- Create and update Terraform Google Cloud Platform modules.
- Debug and resolve issues with Google Cloud Platform and Terraform.
- Administer Terraform Enterprise, CircleCi, GitHub and JIra.
- Write Terraform code to provision Google Cloud Platform resources.
- Setup CI/CD pipeline using CircleCI
- Import existing resources under terraform management.
- Work closely with IT, data and security teams to manage and automate security policies, networking, and alerting for all cloud resources.
- Oversee deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform both manual and automated quality and security checks.
- Define best practices back to front-line support through training and mentoring based on escalations to you.
- As a senior member on the team you will also mentor junior engineers on the team
What do we require from you?
- Love picking up new skills and seeing the big picture
- Highly skilled with technologies like CircleCi/Jenkins, Terraform, and Helm charts
- Strong experience in Google Cloud Platform, specifically in Networking, IAM,SCC, Logging, and Monitoring.
- Good experience with any scripting language like Python, Shell etc
- Strong experience in GitHub and Jira administration.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD concepts.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, engineering, or other technical field or equivalent
- 5+ years of DevOps experience with demonstrably increasing responsibilities.
- Experience in the IOT area is a plus.
- Working understanding of data and messaging technologies like Kafka, Zookeeper, Elasticsearch. Understanding container monitoring and metrics solutions like Prometheus will be a plus.
- Technologies: Terraform, CircleCI, Jenkins, AWS, Google Cloud, ssh, Sentinel, Forseti, Rego, WAM, IAP, DNS, TLS, NAT, and Software defined networking