Portland, OR Salary:
Our client is currently seeking a Senior IT Project Manager
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION BUT MUST BE LOCAL TO PORTLAND, OR
The Senior IT Project Manager develops, plans, and leads large, complex projects related to information systems, technology, and analytics. This position is an expert at applying project management principals and using related tools and techniques to manage project scope, schedule, budget, and resources, while guiding the organization through significant change. The position interacts with a diverse client base and excels at facilitating complex decisions with stakeholders who have differing expertise. This position works across the organization to improve project planning and execution effectiveness including coaching and training others in the methods and tools of project management.This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Work collaboratively in analyzing business needs to identify potential technical solutions and process impacts to inform business case and project proposal development.
- Develop detailed project plans, including estimated timelines, budgets, and resource forecasts.
- Lead complex multi-departmental projects related to information systems; these may include varying blends of in-house development, process redesign and third-party solution integration.
- Engage project stakeholders in communication and decision making at all organizational levels including executive leadership, external stakeholders and vendors.
- Act as liaison between internal and external partners, contractors, and stakeholders to facilitate collaboration, decision making, and ensure accountability.
- Employ change management techniques to facilitate adoption across multiple departments.
- Provide and maintain project reports, records, and documentation.
- Ensure solutions follow required standards, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure solutions are built for reliable operation and adaptability to change.
- Ensure the successful transition of new systems into operational support processes.
- Develop and recommend operational processes and/or process improvements supporting information systems.
- Recommend system modifications, enhancements, new system development and/or business process change.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance for implementation, configuration and on-going support of CareOregon systems, technology, and analytics.
- Facilitate workshops and/or conduct focus groups to elicit information about business processes, requirements, and sources of improvement.
- Develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to aid project delivery.
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
- Propose and implement process improvements.
- Meet deadlines for completion of workload.
- Maintain agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork.
- Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities.
- Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental goals.
- Work closely with internal leadership and staff to identify process/system areas to improve customer service and/or reduce costs and turnaround.
- Participate in strategic roadmap development to meet department and enterprise goals and performance.
- May participate in interviewing candidates for team positions, consultants, and for others in the organization as needed.
- Utilize CareOregon project management practices and standards.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Expert level mastery of project management tools and techniques to apply CareOregon's project management methodologies
- Knowledge of multiple project management frameworks, specifically variations of both agile and waterfall development methods
- Strong understanding and ability to implement principals of change management within projects and programs
- Knowledge of adult learning methods or training delivery
- Expertise with information systems in the health insurance or related industry preferred
- Understanding of multiple health plan functions and system configuration implications related to: Enrollment/member, claims, provider, benefits, billing, accounts receivable, premium billing, utilization management, call tracking, mass adjudication/payment, reports
- Knowledge of EDI and HIPAA compliant transactions
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage multiple activities, matrixed teams, organization communications, and competing priorities to implement complex change
- Skilled at resource planning and negotiating with resource managers for needed skills and time from team members throughout the project/program lifecycle
- Ability to develop detailed work plans, prioritize tasks and meet objectives
- Ability to apply process improvement and redesign principals and techniques such as Lean, PDSA, or Six Sigma
- Expertise in articulating and translating business needs and business rules into actionable requirements
- Process improvement skills to include processes mapping, process re-engineering, and business case creation
- Ability to facilitate decision making at all levels, including executive management, outside partners and vendors
- Ability to proactively identify potential project/program risks and formulate plans to effectively mitigate them
- Advanced written and oral communication and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups
- Ability to manage vendor expectations and performance
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a team toward common goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio, enterprise project portfolio management and collaboration tools
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; adept at understanding, preparing, and presenting information for decision making and problem solving
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com