King County Information Technology (KCIT), the central information technology provider for King County, is an exciting place to work, earning top 10 digital county honors in the last eleven years from the Center for Digital Government. Delivering smart technology solutions that support our customers, we focus on building stronger communities through innovative information technology. Our IT Project Managers deliver solutions that support IT Mobility, Workforce Empowerment, Digital Civic Engagement, and much more.
Currently, we are recruiting a Senior Information Technology Project Manager for a position on our team. This position will provide project management support for various project assignments supporting the KCIT organization. Additionally, this Senior IT PM will be responsible to the Project Management Office (PMO) in addressing general project management issues associated with scope, schedule, budget and quality of deliverables.
Find a personally rewarding career in Information Technology that allows you to maximize your potential and receive recognition for your own talents. Join our team and get the recognition you deserve! We value diversity in our work environment and know that employees treated with respect not only perform better, but further the mission and purpose of King County's Strategic Plan. King County values the balance between work and life outside of work. We offer an outstanding benefits package, 10 paid holidays, life insurance, an Employee Assistance Program and much more. Please visit our website to learn about King County's commitment to employee's health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/.
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is not overtime eligible. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
• Experience working as an IT Project Manager on major IT projects in complex stakeholder environments and enterprise wide services.
• Minimum 5 years' experience working as Project Manager.
• Proven experience with leading and coordinating requirements gathering workshops
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
• Proven experience creating project documentation including milestones, status reporting, lessons-learned, risk analysis, scheduling and requirements.
• Demonstrated experience managing and controlling day-to-day project activities, issues, risks, quality and budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to present oral or written reports to key stakeholder group including department directors, external partners and elected officials or their designees.
• Demonstrated knowledge of information technology, networking and operational terminology and protocols.
• Expert user of Microsoft suite of products including MS Project and Excel.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, and proven ability to prioritize and finish work.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively to peers as well as upper management and executives.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
• 2 years Agile Experience
• Prior experience in public sector/government IT organization a plus
• PMP certification, or ongoing serious efforts towards certification, is a very strong plus
• Ability to support senior and IT Project Managers, as well as provide staffing for formal Boards and Committees
Please contact Shannon McCourt at (206) 263-6957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your application.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The work environment is indoors in a general office environment with minimal exposure to health and safety hazards.
WORK LOCATION: King County Chinook Building 401 5th Ave, Seattle WA 98104
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS REQUIRED: Please include a resume and cover letter that describes how you meet or exceed the requirements for this position. These materials are supplemental to your application. You must still completely fill out the application with your relevant education and work experience. Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you include relevant information only on the resume or cover letter.
SELECTION PROCESS: Applications will be screened for qualifications and clarity. Competitive applicants may be invited to participate in an interview.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: This position is represented by the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers Local 17 Information Technology bargaining unit.
401 5th Avenue, Suite #600 Seattle, WA, 98104Contact