***Remote Candidates: this position will operate on Pacific Time, quarterly travel to Seattle required***
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans as necessary.
- Define project success criteria with involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Vendor management successful project outcomes.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Support and backup other IT and/or Optum PNW services as needed and other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree (B.A., B.S., or advanced degree) in information technology, computer science, another relevant field or demonstrated work experience equivalent.
Certification/Licensure: PMP required.
Interested in learning more about the healthcare field? Let’s talk about our RN opportunities and your career growth!
- Health, vision and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
- For additional provider (Physician, Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner) benefits click here.