OverviewWho we are:
Founded in 2003, VariQ
is an award-winning Information Technology and IT Security Services company with a focus on Federal, State, and Local Government departments and agencies. As a mid-tier business, we design, implement, and manage secure IT solutions for today's complex and dynamic client enterprises. Our core competencies are in Cyber Security, IT Infrastructure, and Software Development. VariQ is a CMMI Level 3, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 certified company. Our commitment to quality, IT service, and information security is embedded in our company's culture and established Quality Policy: We will achieve client satisfaction by continually improving processes, responsiveness, and services that exceed client requirements and expectations.Who you are:
- Experience as a Senior IT Security Policy Specialist 7+ years experience in IT Security, project management and knowledge of operational systems, processes and policies.
- Polished, excellent communicator and presenter.
- Organized and experience in project management within the government contracting space.
- Location: 1700 G St. NW Washington, DC 20002
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: ability to acquire U.S. Security Clearance preferred, but not required
- Availability: ASAP
- Primary responsibilities are to proactively improve IT operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the client's mission through the management and guidance of multiple work streams, teams, and clients.
- Supports engagements related, but not limited to: technology strategy, architecture and service management; IT security; systems integration; data analytics and visualization; application development and maintenance; help desk operations; infrastructure/network design and management; and cloud (e.g., software, platform, infrastructure as a service).
- Provides input to key deliverable structure and content, as well as facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels.
- Responsibilities also include directing timely delivery of quality work products for the client. Engagement on Risk Management.
- The role is specific client IT engagement and employment tied to ongoing Federal client demand.
- Responsible for the professional development of Project Delivery junior staff, performing the role of counselor and coach, as well as providing leadership and support.
- This aspect of the role also requires providing input and guidance into the staffing/onboarding/roll-off and/or out-processing of Project Delivery resources.
- Demonstrated experience developing and updating cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with security control implementation and Plans Of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Demonstrated experience with cybersecurity risk management, compliance management, and/or enterprise governance
- Demonstrated experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Polished and professional communicator and presenter
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.