Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide direct leadership and direction to a team of 15 level 1 / Level 2 Mac support technicians, consistent with UnitedHealth Group and Optum's vision and strategies, and department goals and objectives.
- Partner with Mac Engineering team to ensure prompt restoration of services and while ensuring new offerings are meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Responsible for managing and owning technical applications, working with technical SMEs and resources across IT and the business.
- Review work volumes, partnering with team to identify emerging customer trends (types of calls, chats and web submissions) and notifies the appropriate resources while ensuring service levels, work volume and quality standards are met.
- Lead complex technical initiatives while participating in next generation service desk transformation.
- Manage staffing to ensure productivity, metric, and quality standards are met and customer service expectations are consistently achieved.
- Analyzes and investigates opportunities for increasing efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Work with subject matter experts or more experienced leadership team members to supplement existing knowledge and understanding to identify solutions.
- Demonstrate a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to providing customer focused support.
- Recognize and reward performance and contributions of team members and team.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience, with a focus on IT Consumers and End User Computer Services.
- 5+ years of IT leadership experience.
- 3+ years of proven hands on experience contributing and aligning to a vision and translating into practical actions steps and results.
- 3+ years of proven ability to implement strategies which deliver business benefit and measurable / actionable results.
- 3+ years of experience leveraging performance metric data to drive improvement activities.
- 1+ years of Mac PC and device support
- Intermediate experience with various IT Service Desk technologies / platform such as ServiceNow, HP Service Manager, Knowledge Management Suites, Altiris (or similar software deployment technology), etc.
- Intermediate experience with NextGen IT Support actions, focusing on shift left and moving solutions closer to the customer.
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL frameworks for Service Delivery and service support processes.
Technology Careers with Optum
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with JAMF management software: Including deployments, scripting and general troubleshooting.
- Advanced communication, presentation and relationship management skills with the demonstrated ability to influence team members, peers, customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to align individuals to tasks which leverage their strengths, along with coaching to inspire them to embrace change.
- ITIL foundation certification.
- Experience leading a support team in an international environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond own function or territorial boundaries and experience aligning decisions within the needs and goals of an entire organization.
. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Job Keywords:
IT Service Desk Manager, MAC Support, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota