Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at an industry leading HealthCare provider.
Corporate IT is actively searching for an experienced Senior IT Technical Specialist to help deliver and support technology-driven applications for Informatics. We are advancing tech capabilities to deliver data feeds by converting processing to Hadoop from a mainframe environment and migrating to Cloud processing. In this role you will be responsible for enhancing the team's efforts to convert healthcare data delivery for HIPAA compliant EDI transactions, industry standard results transactions and custom data feeds. You will be responsible to work closely with team members to ensure that quality data is delivered to internal and external customers accurately and on time. Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "Improving Health, Improving Lives" every day.
Successful candidate in this position will convert and support data feeds across multiple data products, train team members on technology that will support these applications on the Hadoop platform, and understand the power of simplicity in design. This position will pave the way for the team to focus on deliverables and customer service.
In this role you'll be working with a team of application developers who are experienced in technology and healthcare knowledge. Combining Hadoop and Cloud technology with the subject matter expertise and technical knowledge of the team will create new capabilities that address our customer's business challenges and create differentiated value to them. As a key member of the team, you will play a critical role in shaping products for an ever-growing business of data deliverables to health entities.ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Convert current applications to and support in the Hadoop environment. Augment the capability of IT developers to process data on 21 st century technology.
- Recommend and justify changes to existing platform/services/processes.
- Serve as a product champion by evaluating opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
- Partner with SMEs to bring concepts to reality. This requires learning to speak the language of healthcare as well as software engineers.
- Research and implement tools for developers to efficiently research and resolve data issues on Hadoop.
- Ensure ultimate reliability in Hadoop processing.
- Mentor data feeds administration team members to improve workflow outcomes and coding techniques.
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science with 10 years of experience in related field.QUALIFICATIONS
Related Work Experience
- 5-7 years in a working environment utilizing Hadoop/Cloud and related technologies like Spark, Hive, No-SQL data bases and various file formats like Parquet and AVRO
- Expert programming skills in Java, Object Oriented Design and Patterns
- Very good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Must have experience in AWS cloud analytics services like S3, EMR, Glue, Athena, Elastic Search and Lambda.
- Exposure to RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Strong debugging skills to troubleshoot production issues
- Hands on experience with Shell Scripting, Java, and SQL
- Ability to identify problems, and effectively communicate solutions to peers and management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage in technical discussions with IT partners.
- Ability to interpret business rules required for data processing and train developers on new technology
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects/assignments.
IT experience in the areas of HIPAA Compliant transactions and custom application
5+ years' experience coding JAVA, Python, Hive, Spark, FHIR
5+ years' experience providing data integration and application solutions
5+ years' experience with relational databases and Hadoop
5+ years involving daily interaction with software development practices
Healthcare Experience is a plus
Product development mind set
Understanding of Data architecture best practices
Programming in Python, Scala