The Crypsis Group is a respected security advisory firm with a vision to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics and information security. With a highly-successful track record of delivering mission critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective incident response, attack-readiness and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients' security posture.
Responsibilities for the Senior Incident Response Security Consultant include:
• Perform reactive incident response functions including but not limited to: host-based analysis functions through investigating Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
• Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence and artifacts of malicious and compromised activity.
• Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
• Lead incident response engagements to guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
• Lead/Mentor Incident Response Consultants in incident response and forensics best practices.
• Ability to perform light travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average 10 -20%).
Qualifications for the Senior Incident Response Security Consultant include:
• 5 + years of incident response or digital forensics experience with a passion for cyber security (consulting experience preferred)
• Proficient with host-based forensics and data breach response
• Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, and open source forensic tools
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
Compensation for the Senior Incident Response Security Consultant includes:
• Competitive salary plus quarterly bonus opportunity
• Company Equity
• Approved Certification and Training Reimbursements
• Open Paid Time Off Policy
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
• 401K Employer Matching
• Flexible work schedule