Talntly is seeking a Nashville based Senior Information Security Data Analyst to join our client's Information Security team within Infrastructure Risk Management.
Generally, the IRM office is dedicated to:
- Identifying data collected and created to service clients and manage their business operations.
- Identifying where the information is stored and how it is used and shared.
- Aligning data to a risk-based data classification scheme.
- Identifying the inherent risk associated with the data and determine whether it is appropriately secured.
- Identifying the residual risks associated with the data after considering the current security controls.
- Partner with data owners to take action to eliminate the risk and/or implement compensating and mitigating controls to reduce the risks.
- Support investigations involving unauthorized data access and unauthorized data disclosure.
Infrastructure Risk Management is searching for a qualified candidate to manage the IRM Office of Information Protection responsible for designing and overseeing programs to ensure the data collected, created, processed, and shared is appropriately secured including:
- Data Protection Program
- The identification, securing, and/or purging of high-value at-risk data.
- Advancing the firm’s data governance and data classification processes and controls.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the detective and preventive controls designed to protect data at rest and data in motion.
- Administer information security awareness training and testing campaigns.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Partnering with Legal & Compliance to ensure all items comply with U.S. and International Data Protection and Privacy laws.
- Support regulatory examinations and requests for evidentiary artifacts.
- Support data breach and data disclosure investigations.
- Insider Threat Program
- Design and implement controls to detect the unauthorized access or transfer of data.
- Partner with technology owners to watermark/tag data and files.
- Provide investigative support to Information Protection Officers within the business.
Job Qualifications (The ideal candidate should have the following):
The ideal candidate is an experienced data analyst possessing a combination of technical and leadership skills:
- Communication and Relationships: The ability to cultivate and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization and clearly communicate to an audience making business decisions. Providing advice, coaching, mentoring, and instruction.
- Creative and Analytical Thinking: Curiosity and creativity are key attributes along with a strong grounding in statistical methods and demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and develop creative and practical solutions and implement them.
- Project Management: the ability to develop a logical plan of action, gain the support of stakeholders, operate in an organized and structured manner, and prioritize considering time, cost, and competing priorities. Establish and support the frameworks and processes required to track and report activity progress.
- Technology Infrastructure: An understanding of technology infrastructure including data center and computer operations, storage management, telecommunications, and networks is important for the identification of risk reduction opportunities and the development of practical plans to reduce risk.
- Data Analysis: Candidates must have applied experience using advanced modeling and analytics techniques to identify improvement opportunities, inform priorities, and track progress. This includes identifying, collecting, correlating, storing, and analyzing structured and unstructured data to achieve organizational risk reduction goals.
- Data Warehousing: Ability to connect databases and datasets from multiple sources to create a data warehouse and use querying languages to find and manage data.
- Data Visualization: ability to recognize what types of graphs to use, how to scale visualizations, to communicate risks and case for change in a format that is appropriate for the audience (technicians, business users, executives).
- Database Querying Languages: Experienced at retrieving information from different tables to perform analysis using SQL and variations of this language.
- Programming Languages: proficient in one language and have working knowledge of others to support data gathering, data cleaning, statistical analysis, and data visualization. Languages required include Python, VBA, vb.net, SQL, Regular Expressions, and experience with REST web services.
- Working knowledge of data collection tools and repositories is required including Splunk and Varonis DatAdvantage along with recordkeeping and training systems including Jira, ServiceNow, Brainshark, ProofPoint, SurveyMonkey, and True Office Learning platform.
- Data Privacy: Familiarity with regulatory obligations related to data privacy including GDPR, CCPA, GLBA, or Reg S-P.
- Qualified candidates often have a minimum of 8 to 12 years of relevant experience with requisite competencies.
- Strategic / Tactical / Transactional - Strategic (30%), Tactical (40%), Transactional (30%)
- Client Coverage - Covers moderately complex internal clients, business partners, and third-party service providers
- Typical Experience - Qualified candidates often have a minimum of 8 to 12 years of relevant experience with requisite competencies.
- Accountability - Accountable for multiple processes or programs and may have input on the department's budget
- Judgment - Routinely uses significant judgment on moderate to complex business problems
- Business Knowledge - Advanced understanding of functional areas and a competent understanding of the overall firm – Experience in financial services or a highly regulated industry is desirable
- Breadth of Expertise - Broad knowledge of more than one discipline
- Influence & Impact - Influences timelines, expectations, and proactively negotiates across departments and sometimes functional management
- Leading & Managing - Small department or large team manager. May also be a senior individual contributor
- People Development - Develops staff for current and long-term department needs and opportunities
- Level of Interaction- Mostly tactical with some strategic relationships with peers in department and functional management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
Temporarily remote due to COVID-19. The employee will be expected to be on-site in Nashville, TN in January 2021.