Job Title: Senior Information Security Engineer
Experience Level: Mid/Senior Level
Location: Sterling, VA
Clearance: Secret (Minimum), Top Secret (Preferred)
Seeking multiple Senior InfoSec Engineers to work as part of a team in support of an ongoing project in Sterling, VA.
Responsible to engineer, architect, implement, deploy, maintain and administer commercial and open source products. Assists technical and user personnel in identifying issues and devising feasible solutions for acquiring, organizing, and processing data. Performs need assessments, requirements analyses, and develops system and subsystem functional specifications. Develops design documents and program specifications. Participates in all program development activities, including program and system testing. Conduct research and develop security policies relevant to client environment and analyze outside security information for relevance; install and upgrade computer hardware and operating systems (Windows and Unix) on an enterprise environment. Conduct assessments of threats and vulnerabilities and determine deviations from acceptable configurations. Assess level of risk and develop and/or recommend appropriate mitigation countermeasures; perform analysis to determine the optimum configuration of network and host sensors.
- Secret Government Clearance (Minimum)
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience with Master s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science, or other technology. OR
- Fourteen (14) years relevant experience with Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Physical Science or other technology. OR
- Eighteen (18) years experience and an Associate degree in a related field
- Six (6) years experience in Information System Security, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Insider threat, Penetration Testing, Malware Analysis or Certification and Accreditation
- Two (2) years experience architecting, engineering, integrating, developing and/or deploying information technology products in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in Information System Security, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics, Insider Threat, Penetration Testing, Malware Analysis or Certification and Accreditation.
- Experience architecting, engineering, integrating, developing and/or deploying information technology products in an enterprise environment.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in network monitoring and intrusion detection using host based and network-based IDS and log management applications.
- Experience installing, testing, patching and upgrading computer hardware and operating systems (Windows and Unix).
- Experience using SourceFire, Arcsight, Splunk, NetWitness, Guidance Software, Digital Guardian, Raytheon (SureView), NMAP, Metasploit, Request Tracker, Nagios, Intelliview, Nessus and Foundstone.
- Intimate knowledge of FISMA, NIST and ASCLD requirements
- Must be able to work independently with some government oversight and function effectively as part of a team in a joint working environment.
- Provide thorough and completed products that require minor revisions and/or editing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply to the position, send a copy of your resume and covering letter.