The Senior Information Security Specialist is responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of organization-s data. The Senior Information Security Specialist has to have knowledge of every aspect of information security within the company. Their main job is to analyze the security measures of a company and to support the planning, deployment, implementation, operations and maintenance of security tools, processes, procedures. The security analyst must work with business administrators as well as IT professionals in communicating flaws in security systems. They recommend changes that will improve every aspect of company security. The Senior Information Security Specialist is also responsible for creating documentation to help the company in case there are any breaches.
* The Senior Information Security Specialist is responsible for protecting all sensitive information within the company. Experience planning, deploying, configuring and implementing technologies such as Disk Encryption, Data Masking, Data Obfuscation, etc.
* Responsible for insuring all networks have adequate security to prevent unauthorized access. Experience in configuring firewalls, access control list (ACLs), Network IDS/IP, Host IDS/IPS, DLP, etc.
* Provide technical guidance in the outsourced operation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus and log monitoring tools (SIEM).
* In conjunction with the outsourced MSSP, perform investigation of network intrusions and other cyber security breaches to determine the cause and extent of the breach.
* Develop reports to share with administrators about the efficiency of security policies and recommend any changes. Assist in developing and maintaining security program metrics to measure program effectiveness.
* They must plan and document all security information in the company including physical and network security.Minimum Qualifications
Education & Certification:
* Bachelor-s degree or equivalent experience in an information technology or information security discipline.
* Certifications: Security+, CISSP, GIAC, CISA, CISM, SANS or equivalent certification required
* 5+ years of experience in information security with Expertise using and managing firewalls, Network & Host IDS/IPS systems, Network & Host DLP, VPN, web application firewalls (WAFs), OS hardening, multi-factor authentication, encryption key management, database security controls, and network segmentation.
* Experience with security on Windows and RHEL Linux systems preferred.
* Experience working with leading firewall (such as Juniper ScreenOS Firewalls, Cisco ASA, Sophos UTM), intrusion detection technologies (SourceFire/Snort, Sophos UTM).
* Experience working with log monitoring and SEIM tools (McAfee Nitro, Splunk) and file integrity monitoring tools.
* Experience working with data loss prevention technologies and tools.
* Knowledge of securing servers (Linux and Windows); desktop systems (Win10) and networks (Cisco, Juniper, Netscreen).
* Experience applying security to virtual platforms.
* Knowledge of mobile security and MDM.
* Cloud security concepts and protection. Experience with AWS Security and IDM is a huge plus.
* Knowledge of common application vulnerabilities, current threat vectors and mitigations.
** FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE SEND YOUR MOST UPDATED RESUME TO WESTON.WALKER@RHT.COM **