SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE TECHNICAL WRITER
POSITION SUMMARY (NRH): Experienced senior technical writer required for production of internal support documentation of Enterprise-class Windows and UNIX-based distributed infrastructure platforms.
• Research and analyze requirements for new infrastructure environment builds. Independent study of proposed data center solutions for all associated systems and hardware components.
• Create and maintain complex Visio flow diagrams that illustrate transaction traffic patterns, network connectivity, and all configurable system components.
• Work with project managers to map out documentation strategies and schedules.
• Collaborate with distributed engineers (Windows and Unix System engineers, Network, Security, SQL DB, and Monitoring) to gather technical build information for documentation deliverables.
• Author and publish the documentation suite for each infrastructure project for two core audiences (online HTML knowledge articles for global Operations Support teams authored in Remedy Knowledge Management System, and printed infrastructure reference guides for Platform Engineering authored in MS Word).
• Host virtual WebEx documentation turnover sessions to Operations Support teams.
• Participate as a key member of a large, centralized documentation team, taking part in peer reviews, mentoring, and exchange of best practices ideas and concepts.
DOCUMENTATION FORMATS: Online knowledgebase and printed guides.