This Infrastructure Architect position will oversee IT Systems and Cloud infrastructure functions for Crocs Globally. The selected candidate will proactively manage the infrastructure technology design and implementation function for Crocs global IT retail group, Crocs DC IT team as well as be responsible for Azure/cloud architecture and migration strategies.
Responsibilities will include providing guidance for Tier 2 and Tier 3 support (Desktop Support, Infrastructure and Datacenter Services) provided by Crocs managed service provider. Working with business users/ management to understand requirements, priorities and manage to their expectations. Must possess strong collaboration and Infrastructure design skills across multiple technologies to facilitate customer requirements as a part of Crocs global standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and Architect Azure and AWS platforms to accommodate growth, resiliency, and the migration of on premise applications
- Responsible for the implementation and support of IT Infrastructure globally including Distribution Centers, Retail locations and Remote business offices
- Identifies and communicates how IT infrastructure solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-range business goals
- Create technical roadmaps for leveraging cloud resources and utilizing SaaS particularly as it pertains to: O365, Collaboration platform, and Application delivery
- Lead projects and be product owner for Infrastructure initiatives leveraging partners, VARs, and Croc s MSP to complete key initiatives and objectives
- Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of system business solutions.
- Lead opportunities to enhance/develop solutions around the Microsoft product stack, specifically: Azure Devops, Azure migrations/optimization, PaaS migrations, Azure AD, SSO, O365/EMS offerings, etc.
- Support the Crocs Security and Audit teams regarding periodic audits and cyber security risk mitigation
- Support and facilitate Change Management, Release Management and Resource Planning functions
- Provide consultant services to various technology stakeholders to leverage security controls that ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of information utilized throughout company s business applications
- Help analyze and facilitate the selection of technology solutions for the customer base
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- A Bachelor s degree or prior relevant experience is required
- Minimum 7 years of broad IT Infrastructure experience in a global company (Prefer Retail)
- Must have a thorough knowledge of current technologies and capabilities of servers, internet, personal computing devices and voice/ data network technology
- Proven experience in Infrastructure design and change management principles (Prefer ITIL)
- Excellent understanding of an organization s goals, objectives and ability to lead large projects
- Strong knowledge across a broad set of infrastructure solutions/ concepts including Cloud Computing, SAN Storage, Desktop computing, WAN and LAN concepts
- Supporting complex infrastructure solutions and systems that have a global impact
- Broad experience with overall Microsoft technology portfolio including Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server and O365 deployments
- Exposure to designing or architecting cloud based solutions in Azure, specifically around PaaS, and IaaS
- Experience migrating mission critical applications to Azure or other cloud hosted provider
- Palo Alto Networking, VOIP Telephony and SD-WAN technologies
- Experience working with partners and vendors to complete large scale infrastructure solutions
- Broad understanding of mainstream hardware virtualization platforms including VMware and Hyper-V as well as general awareness of industry trends including desktop and I/O virtualization.
- A Project Management certification would be viewed favorably
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple initiatives, as a team player, in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong technical design and decision making skills
- The desire to build solid partnerships with Regional business units while at the same time keeping a global view of corporate IT strategy
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to present ideas in a business friendly language with a focus on Value proposition
- Highly motivated self-starter with a Sense of Urgency who can both lead, and be a part of highly productive teams
- Exceptional customer service orientation with strong problem solving ability