It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
At Proofpoint, you will find an environment where innovation comes from creative collaboration and where everyone is empowered to go fast and have fun. If you find joy making the impossible possible you will feel right at home with our team! The Email Protection group is the core of Proofpoint's success, and you will be contributing to our efforts to do what we do, even better.
We are looking for a Senior QA and Test Automation Engineer who is an outstanding team player with a positive attitude who is smart with high energy to help us deliver services that our customers can count on to protect their most sensitive infrastructure and corporate data. We're looking for someone with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively when discussing issues with the scrum team and management and the passion to stay on top of trends and patterns in Cloud Technologies and Testing. Your day-to-day
What you bring to the team
- Maintain and scale our test automation infrastructure
- Contribute to test automation infrastructure by writing and augmenting test scripts and/or test libraries
- Work closely with scrum team members to evangelize an emphasis on quality through the entire SDLC
- Work with development team to develop test strategies, testability requirements and project plans
- Contribute to software design and code reviews
- Develop, implement, execute test plans and test cases based on user stories
- Introduce and influence process improvements and act as an agent for change to the organization
- At least 5+ years hands-on experience in QA Engineering
- Good understanding of overall QA methodologies and process
- Good understanding of how cloud-based services work, and experience testing them
- Experience with testing REST-based APIs and Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of self-motivation, organization, and attention to detail; strong analytical skills
- Test automation experience
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Good experience in LINUX/UNIX and any scripting language (Ruby / Perl / Python)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!