At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
About the role:
The Senior Infrastructure Cloud Engineer is part of a fast paced team responsible for design, implementation, security remediation and technical support of the various technologies used in our SaaS Environments. These Enterprise Environments leverages todays leading technologies in multiple Data Centers around the world.
The selected candidate will be part of a global team, reporting to our Cambridge MA office. The ideal applicant will be proficient in various Enterprise level technologies with an emphasis on VMware, Citrix XenApp, Citrix NetScalers, Windows Server/Active Directory and Linux.
- Identifying and remediating security vulnerabilities within an enterprise level environment
- Diagnosis and repair of incidents within the SaaS environments
- Proactively address support requests with the intent to learn and understand how backend processes correlate to frontend actions.
- Managing information by ensuring ticket notes are kept up to date and are complete.
- Planning & organizing changes within the SaaS environments.
- Monitoring & reporting of incidents relating to the SaaS environment, particularly in relation to hand over as part of a follow the sun support organization and critical situation management.
- Leading highly technical projects and coordinating technical meetings/maintenance windows with multiple teams
- Create technical documentation that can be referenced by peers as formal processes and procedures to follow while completing daily tasks.
- Engineer technical solutions based on support requests to ensure quality of service and SLA requirements are met.
- Participate in team-wide Change Management process as both implementer and verifier ensuring changes are completed efficiently and correctly.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure while working with internal teams and clients
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field. May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
Typically 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient knowledge in Linux technologies - OS, load balancing, firewalls, sftp, and virtualization
- Proficient in Linux installations, configuration and administration in an enterprise environments
- Proficient in automated patching technologies (i.e. HPSA)
- Experience Implementing and Supporting VMware environments including High Availability and Fault Tolerant Features
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft environments, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, and Windows 2012 Server
- Experience designing and configuring Microsoft Active Directory Organizational Units and Group Policy Objects
- Experience in migrating AD domains from Windows 2008 Server to Windows 2012 Server
- Experience designing and supporting enterprise-level application implementations
- Experience in server hardware and software configuration and support
- Working knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers within the context of an Enterprise environment
- Working knowledge of various storage solutions is preferred
- Working knowledge of Cisco SAN Switches is a plus
- Working knowledge of Citrix technologies is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills a must
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience collaborating in cross functional groups is a must
- Ability to develop/modify custom scripts with a wide variety of tools such as Perl, VB Script, Bash, Python
- 5+ years’ experience working in Information Governance is a plus
- Basic application hosting experience with Citrix is a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with Monitoring tools
- Linux certifications, LPIC or equivalent
- Xen, KVM or other virtualization technologies
- Database querying/administration