About the Role
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is part of a fast paced team responsible for design, implementation, security remediation and technical support of the various technologies used in our SaaS Environments. These Enterprise Environments leverages today's leading technologies in multiple Data Centers around the world. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be part of a global team, reporting to our Cambridge MA office.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree in related field is helpful
- Typically 5+ years in the following skills and knowledge
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency with VMware, Citrix XenApp, Citrix NetScalers, Windows Server/Active Directory and Linux.
- Design, Architecture, Installation and Configuration experience of enterprise level VMware environments including High Availability and Fault Tolerant Features
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft environments, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016 Server
- Experience designing and configuring Microsoft Active Directory Organizational Units and Group Policy Objects
- Proficient in automated patching technologies (i.e. HPSA)
- Working knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers within the context of an Enterprise environment
- Perl, VB Script, Bash or Python
- Working knowledge of various storage solutions is preferred
- Proficient knowledge in Linux technologies - OS, load balancing, firewalls, sftp, and virtualization a plus
- Proficient in Linux installations, configuration and administration in an enterprise environments a plus
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will
- Identify and remediate security vulnerabilities within an enterprise level environment
- Diagnose and repair of incidents within the SaaS environments
- Plan and organize changes within the SaaS environments
- Monitor and report incidents relating to the SaaS environment, particularly in relation to hand over as part of a follow the sun support organization and critical situation management.
- Lead highly technical projects and coordinating technical meetings/maintenance windows with multiple teams
- Create technical documentation that can be referenced by peers as formal processes and procedures to follow while completing daily tasks.
- Participate in team-wide Change Management process as both implementer and verifier ensuring changes are completed efficiently and correctly.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.