Internal Audit Senior - Third line of defense
Salary: $85-95k + 5% bonus
Location: McLean, VA
Third Line of Defense, CPA, CIA. Experience performing data analysis using data mining and visualization techniques, Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Python, and/or ACL. Banking Financial Services experience preferred.
- Audit Testing, Planning & Reporting
- Work as part of audit teams and ensure work is completed on time and in keeping with professional standards.
- Maintain, track and communicate status of assigned work to stakeholders.
- Based on the work performed, identify and draft strategic, business and root cause focused issues and effectively communicate results to relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of procedures and perform and document work such as walk throughs and controls testing in accordance with Internal Audit standards.
- Monitor management s remediation of identified issues and test the effectiveness of the remediation. Issues testing
- Prepare draft audit planning documents, audit procedures, and final reports for review by the Supervisor/Manager based on the work performed.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience with a focus on risk based auditing
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related discipline
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as individually
- Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- 2-5 years experience
Preferred Skills :
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), other relevant certifications (or commitment to get certified within one year)
- Experience performing data analysis using data mining and visualization techniques (Tableau, SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL)
- Banking/financial services experience