Job Description "As of June 17, 2016, we ranked 7th as one of the Washington Post Top 150 Workplaces"
“At REI, we are organized to deliver customer delight with empowered teams. We are looking for individuals who can work well in cross-functional agile teams. While you have expertise and experience in a area, you have the ability to collaborate with experts in other disciplines and have the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve the team’s mission.”
At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of millions of people every day. We believe that hard-working, smart, ambitious, and dedicated people have the power to create better technology solutions that lead to improved mission outcomes for our government customers and have a positive and lasting impact nationwide. We’re looking to hire individuals who are enthusiastic and eager to contribute to driving results that matter—whether you’re managing a team on an important project, developing code for a public-facing website, or ensuring that our latest deployment is bug-free. If you’re ready to begin your career at REI, we want to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities:
• Perform application development and support
• Understand and apply development design patterns.
• Understand and apply design disciplines including Object-Oriented Design and Analysis ad Domain-Driven Design
• Understand and leverage common architectural styles and patterns (Layered, Clean, CRUD, CQRS, etc)
• Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, java performance analysis, continuous integration)
• Problem and modification identification, classification, and prioritization
• Detailed analysis of the modification to determine impact, feasibility, and alternatives
• Design modification and execution of solution
• Testing of the application as required when changes are made to the, application, its infrastructure or interfacing systems
• Provide the modification as part of a release package for installation in the operational environment.
• Data quality and data management
• Creation and maintenance of system documentation and artifacts
• Disaster recovery testing
• Provide support of critical production issues
• Work well on small, high-performing teams
REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)
• Java 7 and 8, Hibernate, Maven, Oracle, REST Services, Spring
• Candidates must have lived in the United States for at least 3 out of the last 5 years
• Vaadin, Spring Boot, Docker, Amazon Web Services, JOOQ experience in a continuous integration environment.
• Scripting languages and experience (Ruby, Python, etc)
• Desirable technologies: Servlet, JSP, SOAP, JBPM5, Drools, Jquery, JMS, Apache Lucene/SOLR, ElasticSearch
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
Education and Training Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in an associated discipline and a minimum of 3 year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience
45335 Vintage Park Plaza Sterling, VA, 20166Contact