Mid- Senior Software Engineer
The domains that define the Internet are powered by our client!
Our client operates some of the world's busiest and most critical internet infrastructure. They do this at tremendous scale, processing 100s of billions of transactions each day. Their products include DNS registry management (.e.g, .com, .net, .gov, .edu, .tv, .cc and many others), Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, iDefense Security Intelligence Services, Recursive DNS with DNS Firewall, and Managed DNS. Our client's infrastructure services are relied upon every day by the world's 3 billion Internet users.
Our client's Insight Engineering team is a high performing, agile team who builds horizontally scalable, high performance, and highly available systems. As part of the team, you will be responsible for analyzing real-time streaming and batch data in order to detect attacks and other anomalies on their systems and recommend countermeasures to protect them from these threats. Oyr client uses some of the most sophisticated tools available including Scala, Kafka, Storm, Spark, ELK, Cassandra, Influx, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Ansible, Python and more.
Our client is looking for mid to advanced level software engineers who demonstrate:
* a track record for high quality and impactful delivery demonstrating strong design skills and a passion for code quality
* true craftsmanship, who enjoys breaking down tough problems, as well as working with a team to deliver valuable solutions
* passion for producing quality code and dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
* bias towards action on tough problems and issues
* that they are an agent for change, constantly learning and seeking better outcomes
* passion for enabling others to adopt new technologies
* skill at interacting and working with people in a proactive manner to mitigate key project technical risks and ensure quality
* Experience building horizontally scalable, high performance, and highly available, distributed systems
* One or more JVM-based programming languages (Scala, Clojure, Java, etc.)
* Proficient with Linux
* Outstanding problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
* Excellent team player who enjoys a collaborative team environment
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
* Cassandra, Influx, KairosDB
* Storm, Spark, Akka
* 4 years Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Princeton Information is one of the nation's top five privately-held IT consulting firms, in business since 1985. Princeton Information services a clientele of primarily Fortune 500 companies nationwide. With annual revenues over $120 million, Princeton Information operates across the US from multiple regional offices.
Our Commitment to Our Consultants
As a privately held company, Princeton Information is solely committed to the success of clients and consultants - not to any shareholders. PI's success is grounded in the relationships we build with our consultants. We seek the best people; provide career path counseling; as well as the most challenging opportunities in business and in IT. As part of its culture of loyalty and commitment to its consultants, Princeton Information is committed to doing all we can to ensure our consultants have the best possible search, placement and work experience possible.
Working with one Princeton Recruiter will gain you access to over 500 open requirements with the top clients in the US across all industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, commercial, telecom, media, manufacturing) nationwide. Our local recruiters have in-depth knowledge of our clients and opportunities. They will work with you to find you the best possible opportunities for you and your career.
Our relationships with our clients, as well as our consultants, are critical to our success! We have a robust sales organization that ensures that Princeton has the inside track on what attributes a person needs in order to be successfully placed and engaged at our clients. We know the technical and non-technical skills that our clients are looking for and we ensure that you are educated about the client prior to your interview with them. Princeton is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each meeting you have with a client is a successful one!