Business Group HighlightsDefense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.Responsibilities
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Senior Java Applications Developer
- Requirest min. of active/current DoD Secret clearance (based on SSBI investigation) or Top Secret clearance (preferred)
. Local to DC Metro area required. Some travel to Tysons, VA may be required.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The successful candidate will participate in a team environment supporting a U.S. Government contract that provides personnel security management to Department of Defense (DoD). The position involves the creation of new applications as well as modifications to existing applications.KEY RESPONSIBLITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of software applications in a federal government personnel security product.
- Act as a developer on Pentaho reports and Web enabled J2EE type applications, gathering requirements, translating business requirements to technical solutions, estimating, coding, debugging, testing, research application/software problems and determining root causes, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Follow best practices and standards for software development/engineering processes and procedures, such as CMMI
- Proven track record of delivering high quality components/products
- Collaborate and coordinate with team members, provide clear and timely status to management as required
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION / KNOWLEDGE
- Java IDE, Enterprise class IDE tools; specifically, IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Pentaho Report tool
- SCM tools; GIT experience is required
- Data modeling tools; Oracle Data Modeler is a plus
- Middleware/transport layer, such as Rest Services, SOAP or Java RMI
- SQL and RDBMS systems, specifically Oracle
- Linux server; specifically, RHEL
- Web servers; specifically, WebLogic 12.0 or higher
- Web technologies and protocols, such as, Web Services, WSDL, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Platforms, such as Unix
- Familiarity with Department of Defense required; personnel security programs a plus
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in an engineering or computer field
- Proven track record of effectively developing and testing Java applications
- 5+ years of software development experience, including all phases of various software development lifecycles
- Agile skills & methodology required
- Strong enterprise design skills and experience in a Java based environment, including web services
- Ability to work in DEV, TEST, and PRE-PROD environments as needed
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented design principles, MVC concepts, and data and object models required
- Experience with relational databases, Web application development, and Web technologies required
- Performance tuning experience, a plus
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)