Who We Seek:
What You Will Do:
- Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
- Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
- Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
- Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
We are seeking a technically strong and approachable expert with thoughtful, convicted positions who can connect with a variety of personality types and maintain a strategic perspective. The candidate will have many responsibilities in the technical leadership of a mission critical application. The candidate must be strong in technical analysis, design, development, testing, and system implementation. The project will be supporting critical obligations for a federal financial services agency and involve modernizing a mission critical system. This role will be a key role on the program. Responsibilities include:
- Designs, develops, and tests highly complex applications and makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Responsible and accountable for the solution designs all the way to deployment.
- Proactively identify, address and escalate (if needed) when solutions are overly-complex or will compromise implementation.
- Ensure solution is a right-fit for the systems in domain areas - requires knowledge of many system types and functions.
- Communicate solution designs clearly in multiple modes of communication - drawings, presentations, and documents.
- Responsible to identify, analyze and design technical systems integration points across a broad range of systems and anticipate impacts.
- Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
- Works closely with subject matter experts in order to understand system requirements.
- Analyzes product/system-level requirements and translates them into software specifications.
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Guide architectural focus group as prime subject-matter Expert in area of expertise
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience in related area
- At least 10 years of software engineering experience
- 8 years as an Architect for large-scale applications, network or infrastructure design for large-scale enterprise companies
- Knowledge in a client/server, distributed and/or web-based environment utilizing enterprise Java, Spring Framework, Maven, RESTful APIs/Microservices and Web Technologies
- Proficient in multiple Java frameworks such as Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Spark
- Experience leveraging Web Services and/or Service Oriented Architecture
- Strong knowledge of industry best practice development and release manage process, web and native application frameworks and web services
- Experience in cloud application deployments
- Strong background working in Agile environments with Agile methodologies
- Strong background if full SDLC
- Ability to identify advantages of any programming model, framework, language when applied to specific end user scenario, business or technical design
- Knowledge and experience with multiple server operating systems (Unix/Linux) and scripting languages
- Create and maintain architectural application documentation and standards
- Experience with continuous integration practices
- Excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply
- Natural inclination to explore, prototype, and self-teach
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a management, technology, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. Our team is present in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
to explore your path forward with Attain. Attain is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more Information on Equal Employment Opportunity visit EEO
and EEO Poster Supplement