The best place to work in Houston is hiring.
Improving builds custom software and provides Agile Scrum Training for clients across the country. Located in Westchase Houston we have ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work' survey for 3 consecutive years, and we are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
As a Conscious Capitalism company, our culture provides the challenges, inspiration, training, and motivation to achieve amazing things. We are constantly striving to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through the foundation of Trust.
- Improving is seeking a Senior Full Stack Java Developer to work with a wide spectrum of client executives and employees to ensure alignment and delivery of key business objectives, IT services and solutions.
This position's day to day responsibilities will challenge you to be both independent and highly collaborative. It will require a problem solver with a positive attitude who loves to learn new things. Required Qualifications and Experience
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Java application frameworks, Spring Boot
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Solid understanding and experience with APIs and data transfer protocols
- Ability to simplify complex problem spaces into elegant solutions
- Deep technical hands-on experience developing RESTful APIs
- Deep technical hands-on experience with Microservice architecture
- Experience writing unit test, stubs, mocks in a TDD environment
- SQL RDBMS systems such as MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
Candidate should have Awareness of:
- Familiar with API first design principles and understand development with security and system performance in mind
- Experience designing and building 12 factor apps that run and scale easily in the modern cloud
- Java 8+
- Python/Node a plus
- NoSQL RDBMS systems such as MongoDB and Redis
- Cloud based infrastructure such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Containers, Kubernetes, PaaS (ex. Cloud Foundry)
- Awesome benefits for salaried employees include: Health, dental, vision, 401k+matching, profit sharing, pool table, family movie nights, beer on tap, ImprovingU classes, cutthroat board game tournaments, annual Vegas trip, D&D night, and more.
- Only candidates currently living in Houston will be considered.
- This role will not require travel.
- We are not working with 3 rd party agencies.