Acting as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent, plan, design, and develop the most complex and business critical software solutions, utilizing appropriate software development methodologies either individually or as part of a project team. Responsible for ensuring that browser-based systems and applications meet client requirements and operate properly, using software development methodologies.
•30% Review and analyze systems, streamlining processes to ensure efficient, consistent use of all resources and adjusting designs to maximize reusability and reduce costs across subsystems. Provide technology solutions and prototypes to be used as the basis or template for more complicated business/technical requirements. Research, diagnose, and develop fixes for defects in existing code. Address maintenance issues related to current development, testing, and production.
•30% Participate in cross-area/application integration and design sessions as subject matter expert on browser based application development. Develop functional design and technical specifications, concept diagrams, and work flow diagrams, in coordination with analysts, development, and/or applicable administrative areas, including user interfaces for web applications, maintenance, monitoring, and software builds and releases. Develop coding to implement project designs for new features or new browser-based systems applications.
•20% Ensure team members understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions, organizational standards are maintained, and applications are delivered according to project timeliness. Provide estimates as to the duration and cost of future projects. Research application development quality control trends throughout the industry.
•20% Provide post implementation support, including creation of systems enhancements, and instruction to production support team. Research customer issues and determine appropriate resolutions.Position requires C2 Security Clearance. Must be an US Citizen to obtain C2 Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or other job related field OR,
- Four years of job related work experience OR,
- Two years of job related experience plus an associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree.
Required Work Experience:
- Seven years applications development experience.
- Experience Java Technology
- Experience REST Webservices
- Experience leading development team
- Experience with XML and XML related technologies xPath JAXB, Saxon
- Experience with SQL/JDBC
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and coding languages
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to create technical Documentation
- Project Management skills
Preferred Work Experience:
- Experience with HL7
- Experience with FHIR (fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) healthcare specification
- Experience with X12 Transactions
- Experience in SDLC Methodologies especially SCRUM
- Knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Experience building software using tools MAVEN, Jenkins, Github
- Exposure to CI/CU
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Exposure to Microservices frameworks and design patterns
- Familiarity with front end user interfaces and application design technologies such as HTML5
- Experience/Exposure with frameworks such as Spring/Struts
- MS Project
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive technical knowledge of the capabilities of available hardware and software resources. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility for adapting to both changing business and client needs, and a changing technical environment.
- A complete understanding of the systems life cycle.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages, currently utilized browser-based productivity tools, and platform technology used in the department.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Software and Tools:
- Standard office equipment.
- Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.