Senior Java Developer/Support Engineer
This position is for a Senior Developer/Support Engineer for RTP and associated applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and coding of new applications as well as enhancing and maintaining existing applications. Candidate will also help identify and resolve production issues. Candidates should be self-motivated, well-organized and detail oriented. The position is well-suited to a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment. S/he must be able to take initiative, prioritize tasks with minimal supervision and work independently, as well as part of a team. The successful candidate will work closely with other teams within Technology and Operations, Product Management as well as external clients and vendors to support existing RTP products and implement new features and capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or education/training in an IT related field
- 8+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, documentation, implementing and testing of software systems in Java, Spring, J2EE App server (preferably WebSphere)
- 3+ years' experience with Unix or Red Hat Linux
- Experience in supporting complex transactional systems
- Strong working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX commands and shell scripting
- Strong Knowledge on Application Development using Software Development Life Cycle SDLC using various methodologies like Agile/Scrum.
- Sound RDBMS concepts and SQL skills (e.g., for troubleshooting)
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline software such as TFS, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self-starter.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized in both thought and practice
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Must be a strong team player
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with AIX Servers in an enterprise environment
- Experience with money transfer systems is a strong plus
- Experience with payment message standards (e.g., ISO20022, SEPA, SWIFT, Fedwire, RTGS, etc.) and digital signing techniques is a plus
- Experience with complex systems design and evaluating and proposing alternative software designs
- Experience with IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ, and Connect Direct
- Experience developing and supporting applications in Cloud Environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Haskell, Erlang, Scala, etc. is a strong plus
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Develop new functionality and perform defect fixes
- Assist in the support of RTP system by facilitating debugging and analysis of system issues
- Assist in defining and documenting support and troubleshooting procedures
- Work with Technology Management, O&T Operations as well as external clients to create and maintain detailed functional and technical specifications
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Assist in training QA and Operations staff in functionality and operation of the system
- Coordinate and participate in Performance Testing and Disaster Recovery exercises
- Support Operations and resolve issues
- Assist on various team projects to ensure Continual Service Improvements occur within Development Technology
- Engage with other technical teams
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve escalated production issues on a complex mission critical application
- Perform root cause analysis of issues
- Develop runbooks for system implementation, shutdown, and recovery
- Support release implementation, infrastructure upgrades, and maintenance testing
- Provide training for production support teams
Success factors/job competencies:
The successful candidate will have strong technical expertise on a variety of platforms and will be able to contribute to the design, test and support of the applications. The candidate will need to be detail oriented but also able to understand the overall environment (internally and externally) and interact with and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external clients at all levels.
The candidate should be a strong team player. The ability to work effectively cross-organizationally and with external clients will be a key factor to success in this role.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to work extended hours on a computer.
- Occasional travel between NY, NC and TX offices.
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork.
- Adhere to and support all Technology & Operations and strategic goals.
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.