We have a great opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to add to the team due to growth. This position can sit remotely (or in the office if desired) indefinitely. Due to the nature of the work, and holders can only be considered.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in Java/J2EE stack.
- Experience with middleware and application servers for Java.
- Specifically, the technology skills desirable are: Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle Pro*C, Oracle database tuning experience, Oracle database experience (10g/11g/12c), JAVA, C, Oracle Forms/Reports (12c), Web based N-tier development, Application server technologies, ideally RedHat JBoss 6.x/7.x, RedHat Openshift 4.x, Amazon EKS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Expertise with DevOps practices, and modern technologies including but not limited to JAVA, CICD pipelines, containerization, and cloud migration expertise.
- Operational knowledge/experience in supporting a production implementation of the RedHat OpenShift 4.x infrastructure. This would include patching, updating, expanding, automation, and supporting projects usage of the system. Might include monitoring, forecasting usage and performance behavior
The responsibilities will include (not everything is required):
- Developing and ramping up on new versions of software, development techniques, and/or helping to scope and document changes required to the legacy code base to make necessary changes required to migrate systems to standard platforms including (JBoss 6.x/7.x, Oracle DB 19c, JDK 8 upgrade to JDK 11).
- Migration and Upgrade that may involve evaluating legacy code base, redesigning/recoding or updating legacy code where necessary to support upgrades and/or migrations.
- Rewrite or recompile older libraries
- Modify applications if older JAVA code is deprecated and needs to be redesigned using newer methods and/or more modern techniques
- Legacy project migration from web platforms (Oracle OAS, Weblogic, Websphere, etc.) to JBoss 7.x application server on Linux (REL 7.x/8.x)
- Database migration from Oracle Linux to Oracle on Oracle Linux (Exadata) and/or zLinux to ensure upgrade does not break application and to close security gaps, where identified
- Optimize and implement changes to database queries, triggers, tables, and/or other PL/SQL modifications necessary to ensure upgrades/migrations do not negatively impact performance.
- Upgrade of Oracle Weblogic for Oracle Forms/Reports projects and assist in the replatforming of the application.
- Help evaluate the changes required for applications to leverage containerization (RedHat Openshift and/or Amazon EKS) and make recommendations as appropriate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.