As part of strategy to design and implement new Confirming Mortgage Platform, The Firms Global Banking Technology team is looking for a Senior Java Developer.
Candidate must have expertise in design and development of core Java applications as well as multi-tiered Java EE-style applications. Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including Spring, databases, database interface layers, web browser display technologies (AngularJS), web protocols and standards, and associated Java development tools. Candidate will interface on a regular basis with other teams including other internal IT teams across Wealth Management, BA team, QA team, and global development team.
To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities and proprietary system builds.
* Candidate must have strong hands on expertise in design and development of core Java applications
* The candidate will analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality.
* Prepare functional and technical development specifications to build high performance reference data stores for our trading systems.
* Candidate will interface with global team of developers and business users. * Perform proof of concepts in the new areas of development.
* The candidate will support continuous improvement of the automated systems. Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation)
* Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Working understanding of Agile development methodologies and understanding of DevOps Integration
* Core Java preferably 1.8 and SQL/Databases (DB2, SQLServer)
* Programing proficiency in Spring, Web Services (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, micro services, Tomcat), Angular 4+, Typescript)
* 5+ years of expertise in building enterprise level applications using Java technologies
* Expertise in Java EE design and programming, solid understanding of multi-tiered web-based applications
* Working knowledge of Spring MVC framework and design patterns
* Understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications (security, entitlements, etc.)
* Experience with standard set of Java developments tools including IDEs, build frameworks, source code control etc.
* Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment
* Good communication and presentation skills: ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner; individually or in front of a group
* Working Knowledge of Financial market, lending based products and Wealth Management.