Senior Java-J2EE Web services Engineer/Developer
Leading financial institution, seeking software professionals to build/engineer highly-resilient and mission-critical systems, that directly impact customer's financial health.
Customer Applications/SORs supporting individual, small business, wealth, trust and large corporation LOBs to enable "customer-data" through various real-time and batch services. Applications interact with 200+ bank channels including Online banking, Call center, Banking center, Fraud, Mortgage, Card, Private Bank etc., Very challenging & dynamic environment dealing with high transaction volumes of 100+ million calls/day and response times ranging from 50-300 milliseconds, with 'zero' tolerance on defects, data quality issues and system downtime. Skill Set:
Required Technical Skills:
- Enthusiasm and a 'strong desire to learn and grow' within the organization. Passion, Creativity, Innovation for working in a fast paced & result-oriented team environment.
- Forward thinking, understanding the 'why' and retain focus on long-term strategy, application stability, re-usability and flexibility.
- Experience working with various business and technology stakeholders in a complex environment across different geographic locations.
- Ability to evaluate design options and influence others in making technology/design decisions.
- Demonstrated and Ability to mentor and coach less experienced people in the team.
- Ability to champion pragmatic, strategic technology alternatives which deliver short term results while contributing to long-term strategic direction.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to change.
Desired Technical Skills:
- 7+ years of Java/J2EE and Web services development.
- Extensive development experience in building Restful/SOAP web-services, Service Oriented Architecture, good understanding of Service-Modelling
- Extensive development experience in Core-Java, Object Oriented concepts, Asynch Messaging etc.,
- Extensive development experience in various open source frameworks like Apache CXF, Hibernate, Dozer, Spring MVC, Apache Camel
- Demonstrated experience in multi-threaded programming and developing applications to support large scale workloads.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with RDBMS platforms (DB2, Oracle), data modelling, complex queries, optimization, scalability considerations and fine tuning.
- Good experience with Web sphere Application Server and MQ Messaging framework
- Good Experience in Unix/Linux Operating systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Experience in Agile development & practices.
- Experience in supporting Customer-Data Platforms for financial institution.
- Experience in production support, trouble-shooting around threads, memory, JVM, Splunk, AppDynamics a plus.
- Experience in Mulesoft development.
- Experience with NoSQL and NewSQL products (Cassandra, MemSQL)
Master Data Management, Data Quality/Data Management, Analytics, ETL
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org