Apex Systems has multiple openings for contract to hire Senior Java Developers with one of our large insurance clients. If interested, please send your contact information and an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. 100% remote candidates will be considered.
The Application Development Engineer works independently and collaborates with others in the division to provide and maintain applications that meet business needs. The developer is responsible for software design and development for simple to moderately complex business solutions, working independently or at the direction of more senior technologists. Analyzes system problems and recommends alternatives for resolution. The Application Developer Engineer recommends opportunities to improve system effectiveness and efficiency. Primary Accountabilities Application Development (70%)
- Designs and develops solutions to the level of quality defined by the requirements in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls. Identifies and provides solution alternatives for the defined functional and system requirements when needed.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications. Follows through with options and recommendations.
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions, estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as required by organization standards.
- Participates in team activities and taking on additional work tasks as needed to help the team accomplish the desired outcome or goals.
- Creates, maintains, and/or enhances system documentation as needed.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com