If you are applicable to this FTE opportunity please email with your updated WORD resume. Thank you!
Perm opportunity - NO C2C. .
Location: Round Rock, TX
This Java Developer is responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating complex computer programs in a manufacturing environment. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, prepares flowcharting, performs coding, and tests/debugs programs. May also evaluate 3 rd party applications and integration strategies to accomplish business requirements. Will work on a wide variety of application areas which can include data collection and equipment control, statistical process control and aggregating data from various sources and performing logic based on interviews with business stakeholders as examples. Trains user personnel in conversion and implementation of system. May function as a project or team leader. Knowledge/Experience:
- Minimum of eight years IT experience, with six years in applications and design
- Proficient working knowledge of SDLC methodology, source control, and unit testing approaches
- Proficient working knowledge of Java/Groovy and one or more scripting languages, SQL and RDBMS. Experience with Spring is a plus.
- One or more of PERL, Python, or GUI experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Proficient teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient problem-solving/analytical skills
- Proficient debug/troubleshooting skills
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Planning/organizational skills
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience working with a source control system using branching and merging
- Experience managing change control and a software release process
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or