SAIC and CBP are seeking a Senior Java Developer Backend to join our systems engineering team as a collaborative team member in support of ongoing law enforcement enterprise search applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and build micro services using Spring Boot in a Docker container environment.
• Collaborate with Leads & developers on solutions and independently develop and deliver in an agile environment.
• Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand requirements, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations. Full participation in the Agile / Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
• Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government's system lifecycle methodology
• Full-Stack Engineer capable of designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
• Mentor and raise the game for teammates in all areas
• Ready, willing, and able to pick up new technologies and pitch in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, maintain, and enhance)
• Able to research and learn new methodologies and technologies and bring knowledge to the team
• A solid understanding and experience of architecture patterns including ESB, SOA, database, integration, Cloud & Microserivce architecture.
• A self-driven, highly motivated technologist who can work with a high degree of autonomy and is able to prioritize effectively.
• Participate in Code Reviews and support QA initiatives to ensure high-quality delivery
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills, with the ability to quickly identify and document the root cause of issues, and effectively communicate possible resolutions
• Utilize engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and refactoring techniques
Work experience and Education:
• BS degree and 14 years of experience in IT experience or combination of education and experience
• 2 yrs Hands on experience with Spring frame work
• Experience in Linux/Unix environment and Windows
• Hands on Experience with CI CD process - Jenkins, Gitlab etc
• Cloud experience a plus
• Experience with some variation of BPM (Business Process Modeler) workflow
• This is a highly technical position.
Required Technical Experience:
• Expertise with Java, Spring boot, JSON, HTML4/5, AJAX, JSP, CSS, JDBC, JPA/Hibernate
• Clear understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON and SOAP/WSDL. Experience writing and consuming web services (SOAP/RESTful).
• Experience with Spring Cloud-based Microserivce, Experience in Service development in SOAP and REST.
• Experience with web security, WSAUTH, HTTP/s, HSTS, etc.
• Experience in Java Web Containers (Tomcat\Jetty\etc)
• Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions
• Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components
• Experience utilizing various debugging tools and methodologies for debugging UI and components
• Experience with implementing Automated Tests Tools (JUnit, Cucumber) Mocking frameworks and TDD
• Back-End: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, JVM, Microserivce, REST, Database (RDMS, Maria DB)
• Cloud/DevOps: Ansible, Docker, AWS
• CI/CD: Jenkins, Artifactory, Gitlab, Nexus
• Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, NPM, Yarn
• Automated Test Tools: Junit, Cucumber
Desired knowledge and experience includes:
• Developing 100% automating unit tests
• Using the Eclipse IDE
• Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
• Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
• Superior written and oral communication skills are essential
• Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment
• Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
• Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
• Prior experience in working with Customs or ICE travel-related data.
Clearance - Must be able to obtain a CBP BI Public Trust to start work
Citizenship - Must be a .
Job Location - Herndon, VA
My SAIC Benefits.