Are you a strong developer who wants a potential path towards technical leadership? Do you want the opportunity to help take a combined product and consulting company to the next level?
CIO Resources -- a boutique practitioner led staffing firm -- has a unique opportunity for someone to join an existing team of strong developers working on an existing product line (grants management).
This client has a strong track record with stable leadership over 30+ years in business and has above average benefits. Outside of "on-fire" delivery or operational situations senior staff average ~45/hrs a week with "family first" flexibility.
In short, this is mid-to-senior developer role where you join a fast paced, mid-sized (10+ dev/qa) grants management development team with a mixture Java 1.8, Struts, Spring MVC, Angular and Oracle. This is a challenging project politically and technically -- you are working on an existing platform while building features and an architecture for the future -- so those that are easily rattled need not apply.This may be a great opportunity for you if ...
you have significant experience as a Sr. Full-Stack Java developer or technical lead, you are interested in a product environment and you have an interest in personal and professional growth.We should chat with you about other opportunities if ...
you don't have senior level development skills (no matter how many years of experience) or you show a consistent history of short roles for whatever reason.BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the CEO and Business Analysis group to convert client requirements to technical requirements and properly set realistic delivery expectations
- Build features that meet client expectations regarding timing, quality and user experience
- Dive in and wrangle and extinguish fires as needed
- Research and contribute to best practices
- Be a positive team member
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related. Masters preferred (Computer Science, Software Engineering or MBA). Work experience may be substituted for degrees.
- 5+ years total experience and 2+ years experience at a mid-to-senior level related to Full Stack Java development
- Ideally hands-on experience with the following:
- Java 1.7+
- Spring MVC
- Angular (or other client side SPA frameworks)
If this role isn't of direct interest to you (job description, company type, location, anything!) and you want to discuss and wait out your “dream job” we still want to speak with you! Email us a Word copy of your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Alternatively, we pay for referrals. Have your friend apply online and mention your name. That's all it takes!
Led by a former CIO, CIO Resources (a StartFinder company) is an integrated IT consulting and staffing firm focusing on what are typically three of a CIO’s biggest challenges -- IT strategy, IT project management and IT staffing. We are commonly chosen based on our frank and practical (if not frugal) approach, our flexibility and ability to be fun yet professional and finally our focus on quality over quantity.
CIO Resources was established in 2014 as a dedicated brand focusing on IT while remaining part of StartFinder --a 5x Inc. 5000 and Washington Business Journal award winning company.