ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned)
· Interacts with the business analysis team to understand project requirements.
· Develops overall architecture/ product design documents, technical design specifications for individual modules and technology justifications for architectural considerations.
· Ensure integration of the entire system or subsystem
· Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
· Design and Develop Java and J2EE based web applications using Java frameworks as required by the customer.
· Design and Develop secure web services.
· Create PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and associated PL/ SQL or SQL database scripts as needed.
· Develop build packages using Maven/ Apache Ant.
· Applies Java and Oracle standard coding practices and industry standards.
· Applies Section 508/ Accessibility Standards compliant software development methodologies.
B: EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Experience with Java EE, Spring, Struts 2, Hibernate and EJB is required.
· Experience with Oracle Relational database, SQL, PL/SQL is required.
· Experience working in an Agile/ Scaled Agile (SAFe®) environment is preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience implementing single sign-on using OASIS SAML 2.0 specifications. Experience configuring an Identify Provider for federated authentication is preferred.
· Experienced in designing systems based on Service Oriented Architecture principles. Knowledge of an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) is nice to have.
· Ability to work with UI framework tools like Telerik’s Kendo UI.
· Experience with Apache Solr/ Lucene, Angular 2+, Bootstrap is nice to have.
5-8 years of recent experience with the following technologies is required:
· JAVA/ J2EE
· Struts 2/ Angular 2+
· Spring 3.0, EJB 3, Hibernate
· Oracle Weblogic, Apache HTTP
3-4 years of experience with the following technologies:
· Oracle Database, SQL/ PL/SQL
· SOAP/ REST, XML, XSD, XLST, WSDL, JAX-WS/CXF
· Maven/ Ant
· JUnit/ JMock/ Selenium
C: EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS and/or MEMBERSHIPS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
Sun/ Oracle Certified Java Programmer desirable
D: COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS
This job requires interaction with scientists, program managers, senior executives, end-users, programming staff, administration, and support personnel. The ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both orally and in written documents is critical.