Job Description Title:
Senior Java Developer (Financial Services)Location:
NYC (Hybrid/Work 3 days onsite)Duration:
12 months contract with a probable extensionONLY LOCAL NY/NJ METRO AREA CANDIDATESJOB DESCRIPTION:QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS HANDS ON EXPERIENCE WITH JBOSS AND JAVA
The Java Developer would be responsible for driving the continued development and implementation of the software platform. The candidate must be a hands-on developer with 10+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-level systems. The developer would initially be responsible for supporting and enhancing the existing legacy Java enterprise application and other Java written components of the platform.
As the Senior Java Developer becomes an expert on the existing environment, he/she will eventually start developing for the new platform, both in Java and C# (no prior experience required). The candidate will be developing prototypes for next-generation components to extend platform architecture, solve complex business problems, and extend business functionality.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on core Java and J2EE web application development experience
- JBoss J2EE technology stack: Seam, RichFaces, Hibernate, etc.
- JBoss 4 application server
- Experience using build tools such as Maven and Ant
- Solid experience in unit testing
- Proven ability to work independently at designing, developing, and delivering solutions
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, and software development best practices
- Experience with the Java Enterprise stack (e.g. EJB, JPA, JSF) is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Hibernate or other ORM technology
- Understanding of dependency injection frameworks
- Strong SQL knowledge and development with any of the RDBMS platforms
- Strong foundation in object-oriented design and enterprise architecture, including design patterns
- MSSQL RDBMS
- Experience developing Restful APIs
- Experience in modern MVC web frameworks
- Financial applications experience, such as accounting and treasury systems, is a plus
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com