Eliassen Group is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join one of our clients on a 12 month project. This position will be remote to start and then return to onsite in Baltimore, MD following Covid.
Candidates will need strong experience with Java, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, angular and BDD/ TDD. Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicant must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. We offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401k with company matching, and life insurance.Position Description:
- The Senior Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications
- Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems
- Ability to develop technical solutions and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools
- The candidate will demonstrate design experience and be willing to challenge other team member's designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback
- The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review)
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and Express/Node.js
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne
- Experience in developing the applications using Single-Page Architecture
- Experience in coding "responsive" web pages with an understanding of the cross-browser limitations and browser compliance standards
- Experience designing and deploying cloud-native applications onto AWS with PostgreSQL
- Deep Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Red Hat OpenShift and Docker
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/Bitbucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2)
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber)
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities in web applications and addressing them
- Requires a Public Trust clearance
- Bachelors + 11 Years OR Masters + 9 Years of professional experience
Job ID: 346522About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients' innovation and business results. Leveraging over 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don't miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check!