Please note that this is a 8 month contract position.
Senior Java Developer - DoD Public Trust
This position will support the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) Account as a Java Application Software Developer at the Alexandria VA Perspecta location (1600 N Beauregard St.). Working at this site is required. This developer will provide application development and maintenance services for enterprise data services, identity, access management and credentialing related applications to include new design and development, and maintaining and enhancing existing applications. The candidate is expected to provide the services required to successfully implement and deliver application software solutions to the products he/she will be supporting. The solutions need to be stable, reliable, scalable, well documented, and of high quality. The developer will be responsible for coding, unit testing, integration testing, bug fixes, implementation, as well as ongoing support of the product delivered. The candidate may be responsible for performing as a mentor and subject matter expert on their team.
Minimum 7 years hands-on experience developing Java EE applications on Weblogic Application Server for highly available, 24x7, and scalable systems on Linux/Unix platforms.
• In-depth knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems including knowledge of data modeling concepts, ERD design and development
• Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including Object Oriented Analysis and Design and design patterns.
• Strong understanding and working knowledge on Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum)
• Demonstrated analytical and Problem Solving skills
• Excellent communication abilities
• Excellent programming skills in Java and Java EE.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS IN A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS HIGHLY DESIRED:
Security+ certification is a plus.
For consideration, please reference job number 3764
San Francisco, CAContact