Full Stack Java (Backend) - Federal Contract
The ideal candidate is proficient in all stages of web development, from conception to deployment with specialized knowledge in all stages of software development. The successful candidate will be able to write code to build the server-side application logic and as well as develop the corresponding client-side application based on modern user-interface styles / guidelines. If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine functionality with optimal system design. The Full Stack Developer will be part of a large, high performing team building a new enterprise web-enabled business application. This includes the design, development, test, and implementation of new functionalities including migration of data from the legacy system.
- Collaborate with the Agile team, including product management, to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Use web technologies like HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and others to create user-friendly and mobile-responsive web pages
- Optimize applications for maximum speed such as database query optimization or identifying bottlenecks through load testing during development
- Collaborate with user experience engineers to measure and improve site usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Support coding and troubleshooting
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- 7+ years (sr) progressively increasing experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of the Java programming language
- Experience using development frameworks such as Spring, Play, Akka, etc.
- Experience developing Restful APIs / Stateless Applications
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks such as Hibernate, iBatis, etc.
- Experience with messaging frameworks such as RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- Proficient in DB technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL or PostgreSQL.