Job Summary:Who are we?
Ticketmaster, a proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, is the world's leading live event high tech ticketing company selling nearly 455 million tickets each year, supporting over 145,000 events and more than 12,000 clients in 21 countries worldwide. At Ticketmaster, we power the people who create culture through live events, connecting more passionate fans to those experiences than anyone else. We are innovators that embrace change and work hard to help others succeed. We believe in open communication and stress accountability, because fans and clients count on us every day. We strive for ease of use for our clients and fans while seeking out those who have a bias for action versus a desire for directives. Why Ticketmaster?
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment. See and hear more about why you should consider joining our rock-star team: recruiting videoWhat we look for in our Engineers:
- Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you?re confident it?s correct.
- Passion. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You are excited to work in a modern tech stack, and you have demonstrable experience with diverse pool of technologies.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team?that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ability to make an impact. You will work on a site that is being seen by 95+ million fans number of fans. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Interest in continuous Learning. Exposure to latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and trainings; attending tech conferences
- Collaboration. Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal
- Write great code. You care about writing good code, design, performance and an outstanding user experience
- 5 years direct experience in VB.NET development
- Experience with developing RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience with IIS 7.5 and above
- Experience with open source development tools (Maven, Jenkins, GIT)
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with TDD/BDD tools such as Cucumber, JUnit, etc.
- Practical development experience in Java services a plus
- Experience with containers and AWS a plus