What We'll Bring:
TransUnion Consumer Interactive (TUCI), a wholly owned subsidiary of TransUnion, is looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer. TUCI builds credit monitoring applications for consumers, like you. Typically these applications allow a consumer to view their credit report, credit score, receive credit alerts, lock their credit to prevent fraud, and simulate a credit score based on various parameters.What You'll Bring:
Impact You'll Make:
- Candidates should have a solid grasp of web development processes and procedures in the building of web applications, mobile applications, and the consuming of web services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, with the ability to interface with java engineers, database engineers, quality control professionals, and product owners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or a combination of work and educational experiences that demonstrates experience writing customer facing websites/applications.
- 5+ years of direct experience functioning in a software engineering environment.
- 5+ years of experience in application development (Java EE, C++, ETL, and web APIs) with exposure to high availability, data driven applications.
- You'll write efficient and maintainable Java code based on technical guidelines, design documents, and industry best practices.
- You'll review code for defects and quality against technical documents and standard practices.
- You'll design and implement unit tests for software application modules.
- You'll generate accurate implementation estimates based on technical documents, business requirements, and team member's abilities.
- Basic SQL Capabilities.
- Basic knowledge of Wildfly and Weblogic application servers.
- Proficiency in Maven.
- Proficiency at Debugging using IntelliJ.
- Knowledge of JQuery.
- Familiarity with the code review process and tools, e.g. Code Collaborator, for code reviews.
- Familiarity with CMS systems.
- Familiarity with JIRA for defect management.
- Familiarity with Splunk for defect investigation/verification.
- Ability to work with repositories in a team environment.
- Agile methodology knowledge is a plus.
- Development: Primarily focused on customer facing websites, writing code to product requirements/acceptance criteria, and maintaining and reviewing code written by other developers
- Team Member: Work on a team to achieve a project objective and be a voice in providing solutions to difficult problems
- Defect Investigation: Troubleshoot code on the front end as well as the back java methods and apis, and read error log messages related to the applications under test to support defect investigation
We're supported by flexible benefits that not only cover us but our families. We offer a variety of benefit plans and options that vary by region, country and location.
Some highlights that apply to our U.S. associates include:
- Flexible time off for exempt associates
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Infertility coverage
- Spousal and domestic partner benefits
- Charity gift matching
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Retirement contributions
- ... and more
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Engineer, Applications Development