Job Title: Sr. Java Engineer
Location: Durham NC
Duration: Long term
Must Have Skills: Java 8, Spring Boot, API, MicroServices, AWS, PL/SQL
Top Skills: Java (v.8), Oracle and AWS. Java Microservices exp. with is key (More middle tier/backend work)
Selling point: Get the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology. Will get mentored by and work alongside talented Engineers.
Intv. process: 1 and done for 1 hour in duration
Our team is comprised of technology squads based in North Carolina, New Hampshire, & Bangalore. Our platform consists of multiple back-end internal capabilities integrated with CallidusCloud for compensation & reporting.
We are in the middle of a multi-year program to modernize our e2e platform, moving from an on-prem/batch monolith to a cloud/event-driven implementation. This is a great time to join us and be part of this journey!
We are looking for a hardworking and results-oriented back-end/middle-tier developer looking for the next step in their career.
We will provide the opportunity to work on new technologies, build on your technical skillset, and grow as a developer.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working with sophisticated data and be able to rapidly build new skills.
For this role, we value talent and attitude over experience.
This person will be responsible for:
• Hands-on development & expertise across middle-tier (Java micro-services), back-end (Oracle/Informatica) and cloud (AWS)
• Platform support across the e2e SSC platform
• Working with other talented engineers on the squad and wider SS&C team
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (or compensating work experience for those without a traditional comp-sci related degree)
• 1-3 years hands-on experience as a software engineer
• Proven passion and experience as a software developer responsible for implementing complex solutions
• Experience working with data and databases, ideally Oracle PL SQL
• Proficient in Java
• Ability to trouble-shoot complex data issues across the e2e technology stack
• Good communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
• A proactive attitude, logical mind, and desire to own the outcome!
Other desirable skills include:
• API/micro-service development
• Rules development using Drools, IBM ODM, or equivalent
• Either hands-on AWS experience or proven desire to build cloud experience (e.g. certifications, training)
• Data streaming using Kafka or similar
• CI/CD & container experience: Jenkins, Udeploy, Docker
HCL Global Systems, Inc