Senior Java Full Stack Developer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day.
Pay and Benefits:
Why You'll Love This Job
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems. Your primary responsibilities
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized by DTCC
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with DTCC technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Note: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above* Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years or related experience.
- Passion for technology, a curious mind, and an entrepreneur mindset.
- Expert in back-end and front-end application development.
- Hands on experience in client/server and object-oriented software development utilizing Java/J2EE, Spring (Boot), Angular 6+, JSON, MQ, JMS, REST API, DB2, and Oracle DBs, Linux
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.
- Proven track record with WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss or other Application servers
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases including DB2, Oracle
- Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, development, and testing
- Solid focus on software testing with tools such as Junit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma.
- Demonstrable experience in software development using CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Nexus or similar)
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
Nice to have skills:
- Works well as part of team. Self-motivated, tenacious learner
- Curious and agile mindset
- Strong communicator who is a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Able to support multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to provide adequate guidance & governance to project teams during component integration
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills
Talents needed for success
- Experience in Financial industry a plus
- Experience in Mainframe is a big plus
- Experience with AWS (EC2, Kinesis, Route53, S3, CloudWatch) is a plus
- Experience with Kafka/Solace is a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Fosters a culture where honesty and transparency are expected
- Stays current on changes in his/her own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up-to-date
- Invests effort to individually coach others.
- Builds collaborative teams across the organization.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone across the organization informed.
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
The IT SIFMU Delivery Department supports core Clearing and Settlement application delivery for DTC, NSCC and FICC. The department also develops and supports Asset Services, Wealth Management & Insurance Services and Master Reference Data applications.