Java Software Developer Engineer - Start Immediately
Must have at least 8+ Years of Java Experience
Full-time - Onsite at Federal Client Site in Washington, DC (occasional travel to meetings in metro-area)
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S, on the Entrepreneur 360 companies list, and one of the Virginia Chamber of Commerce’s Fantastic 50 companies. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, and paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as a Java developer on a team at a Federal Government with an information-sharing mission. Build applications using the Agile development methodology. Be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client. The ability to be flexible is important as client requirements can shift. Be eager to learn new technologies and methodologies. The client atmosphere is congenial and welcomes ideas that can improve productivity or simplify code. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys programming challenges.
Under minimal direction, perform as a senior web application developer in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new enhancements to existing software. The development is conducted on Java, Spring and Hibernate.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Build or update existing Java applications; Java (Java 8)
- Build front-end web pages using HTML, CSS, Angular, AJAX
- Build back-end application code that manipulates content, and interacts with other systems, services and APIs
- Build and update RESTful APIs
- Interface with PostgreSQL
- Implement unit testing for built components using tools such as Junit
- Help DevOps team set up Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Be comfortable working directly with the Project Manager to support emerging client needs as well.
- 8+ Years Java/J2EE
- 4+ years of experience with Spring and Hibernate
- 4+ years of experience with designing and developing PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Spring (Spring boot, MVC, Web Services, Security, Batch)
- SQL, JPA, Hibernate
- Maven/Gradle, Jenkins
- Experience with code repository technologies such as Svn or Git
- Ability to work with technical staff to understand and develop new web applications, resolves customer complaints with web applications and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements
- Ability to participate in the development of software documentation such as version description document and user manuals
- Assists in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as team leader on complex projects. Participated in Agile Scrum-based development
- Ability to pass basic government background check
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Ability to work independently and in an awesome team setting
- Ability to mentor and lead junior developers
- Experience or exposure with automation tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven
- Experience with container technologies like Docker.
- Exposure to AWS or Other Cloud Technologies.
- Experience or exposure with LDAP, OAuth, AD security and authentication
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Lucene/Solr
- Excellent communication skills
Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Work location is Washington D.C. (may require occasional travel to meetings in metro-area)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident only (required by Federal client); background and credit check is necessary
- This position is an immediate hire and the candidate selected will be able to start as soon as possible; preferably within 1-2 weeks of job acceptance.
Artemis Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
Artemis Consulting utilizes e-Verify to check employment authorization.