As a senior engineer on the team, your primary role will be building, testing and supporting REST API s on our Planning & Advice Platform. You are encouraged to quickly gain an understanding of all the components of our platform to be able to lead and contribute to strategic roadmaps and initiatives related to the improvement, maintenance, and support of the platform. Required Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of development experience (currently hands on) in Java 7 or 8, Spring Core / SpringBoot / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers.
- Good hands on knowledge with writing good API Contracts using Swagger 2.0 or OpenAPI 3.0 specifications.
- Good knowledge of standard methodologies related to end to end API Management such as API Gateways, Observability, Caching Strategies, Resiliency techniques etc.
- Proven experience with Test Driven Development, using Junit and frameworks such as Cucumber, RESTAssured etc.
- Knowledge of basic Linux commands on modern Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, RedHat or CentOS.
- Experience with Java IDE s like Spring Tool Suite, IntelliJ or Eclipse, within UNIX or Windows environment.
- Familiarity with application build and deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools -- Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc. and Log aggregation tools like Splunk.
- Familiarity with SQL queries, JDBC Drivers within an Oracle environment.
- Leadership: Team player, self-starter, collaborative, innovative, eager to learn every day.
- 1+ year experience working in Agile Scrum development.
- Understanding of docker, cloud-computing / cloud service providers (e.g. AWS or azure) will be a plus
The Value You Deliver
- Assist in coordinating multiple development work streams through integration and ensure architecture is scalable and extensible.
- Define, develop, maintain, and support Java based Enterprise REST APIs .
- Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production / nonproduction environment and perform troubleshooting.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using Open Source frameworks.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision.
- Help strengthen further the culture of innovation by setting examples
- Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
- Foster a culture of outstanding software engineering practices
- Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
- Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
- Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
Thanks, Karan Rane
Account Manager, Yashco Systems Inc.
Phone : +1 (614) 569 2565