Senior Java Software Engineer
Coveros helps organizations build, test, and deliver secure software applications using Agile methods. Our culture is one of teams, collaboration, knowledge sharing, mentoring, and agility. We are looking for people who share our passion to provide customer value and ensure customers succeed.
Coveros people have a strong background in computer science, or software engineering, balanced by experience in practical delivery using Agile methods and software assurance best practices. They are resourceful, innovative, focused, capable, and thrive in the perpetual learning environment we provide.
Coveros is seeking Senior Java Software Engineers to provide development engineering services to our teams and customers.
Senior Java Software Engineer Role
The Senior Java Software Engineer is a critical member of the technology team and will be deeply involved during the full product lifecycle of multiple applications and the supporting data architecture. They are part of a team of engineers working on implementing the next generation of technology for the health care industry.
- Work with business team to get a shared understanding of business requirements and then implement solutions including code development and database design
- Ensuring high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Coordinating work with external teams, to ensure a smooth development process producing high quality solutions
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issues
- 8 or more years of professional IT experience
- At least 5 years of Java/J2EE programming experience
- BS on Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment
- At least 3 years of database application or ETL development Web development experience in Struts, JSF, similar framework
- At least 3 years of UNIX development experience using Solaris
- Experience with OOD, UML modeling tools and the use of design patterns
- Ability to provide analysis and problem solving skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Ability to communicate with business and technical teams using excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and provide expertise to multiple development teams across concurrent project tasks
- Ability to provide technical expertise to more junior team members and consult with other application engineers to tune and performance test existing code base
- At least 3 years of database application or ETL development in an Oracle/UNIX environment
- Team experience with continuous integration environment including the use of tools such as ANT, SubVersion, JUnit and CruiseControl
- Knowledge of multiple languages/alternative frameworks and ability to learn new technologies as the need arises
- Experience working within a team environment and the ability to work with internal and external clients and to translate requirements into solutions
Coveros is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.